by nh1959 Investigator
Investigator

I seem to be using a lot of data especilly when on u tube my data gets cained

I seem to be using a lot of data when im on certain apps especially you tube it my data goes so quick why is this never had this problem when with orange and tescos

5 REPLIES 5
by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: I seem to be using a lot of data especilly when on u tube my data gets caine

Hi

If you view Youtube in HD this can eat away at data, so it depends on what you are watching and for how long.. 

An hour using my Amazon Fire TV stick to watch a program in HD will use about 2GB of my home broadband.. 

Stuart

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I seem to be using a lot of data especilly when on u tube my data gets caine

Hello @nh1959,

Welcome to the community,

On top of what @stuarttunstall has written,  check how many apps are using data, which you should be able to do in settings and can then stop them from being automatically active, you will still be able to use all your apps, but then it will be your decision when they are enabled.

by nh1959 Investigator
Investigator

I dont watch it on hd its on my android phone

n howard
by
EE Employee

Hi @nh1959 and welcome back to the Community.

When you are on YouTube a video will pre load the full video.

For example. if you click on a 30 minute documentary that may be 500mb and you watch 10 minutes of this, you will still have already downloaded the full video.

Because of the faster speeds it is loading the video quicker than normal 3G services.

Hope this helps,

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you:

• Restricted background data under Mobile Data?
  • Only do Software Updates over WiFi under My Device?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.