by John2017 Investigator
Investigator

I have new ee contract with handset ee sim went in my old handset have been usin

I have a new ee phone contract put ee sim in old phone and virgin sim in new phone been working fine now says no network 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by John2017 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: I have new ee contract with handset ee sim went in my old handset have been

Hi Tom222

I have taken my Samsung 7s edge to carphone warehouse they feel it has inbuilt antenna problem should be fixed within 14 days

I would like to thank you and all ee community for the patience and help given to me thankyou so much for everyone's time and effort your all brilliant 😁

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@John2017: New phone is locked to EE. It will need to unlocked to use Virgin SIM in it. This can only be done after 6 months from purchase.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  Virgin use EE so it doesn’t need to be unlocked to use a virgin SIM card.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: Duh! Forgot that or mixed it up with Voda.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by John2017 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your reply new sim has never been in new phone ee were aware of what I was doing how can they lock phone when sim has never been in it ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@John2017: All phones sold by EE are locked to them. Nowt to do with the SIM. But forget what I said about not being able to use Virgin SIMs in them. I was wrong Smiley Embarassed.

by John2017 Investigator
Investigator

Ty grandmaster for your help your a true star can't thankyou enough 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @John2017,

Does your Virgin SIM still work in your Virgin phone?

Does the EE phone work with the EE SIM inserted?

Thanks

James

by John2017 Investigator
Investigator

Hi James the phone is new from ee I put new sim in old phone and.  Virgin sim in.new phone it's worked fine for 2 months now which ever sim I put in. New phone it says no network I spoke with ee at start they say they never no what handset you use so can only lock handset with ee sim in I think new handset is not locked but maybe broke as my old phone works with new ee contract sim and virgin sim 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @John2017 what new phone did you get?

If both of your SIM cards work in your old phone but not the new one then it usually confirms a device fault yes. 🙂

by John2017 Investigator
Investigator

Hi tom I got Samsung 7s edge my wife was having handset I was having contract ee were fully aware and said no problem so I put new sim in old iPhone switched from o2 to ee gave wife handset she's on virgin pay as you go hope this helps thanks 

by John2017 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you tom I think also it's a device fault going to shop today I will update with there comments later 

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @John2017 let us know how you get on hopefully they can get this resolved for you today. 🙂

by John2017 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hi Tom222

I have taken my Samsung 7s edge to carphone warehouse they feel it has inbuilt antenna problem should be fixed within 14 days

I would like to thank you and all ee community for the patience and help given to me thankyou so much for everyone's time and effort your all brilliant 😁

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @John2017

No problem at all glad you are getting this sorted 🙂

Come back anytime great to have you here on the community,

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions