by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

I have just moved from O2 to EE and unable to get my barclays verification code

Hello, I have just moved from O2 to EE and i have been unable to set up my mobile banking because I am not getting the verification code. I am also not getting some other verification codes. Please can you help!! 

21 REPLIES 21
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have just moved from O2 to EE and unable to get my barclays verification c

@Yetsk  New device?  Did you logout of all your other apps on your O2 device?   

by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

Re: I have just moved from O2 to EE and unable to get my barclays verification c

Hello thanks for your response. Yes i did. I transferred all my apps to my new device via samsung switch. My no was ported as well

by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to get some other verification codes as well

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yetsk

Thanks for posting 🙂

Please get in touch with our customer services team to make sure there are no restrictions on the account to recieve this message type.

Let me know how you get on

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Yetsk also make sure your mobile number in your handset settings is correct.  As you have recently ported, the EE temp number may still be in there and that may be causing this issue.

If you ring EE and ask them to perform a network refresh for you that should update your number to the correct one.  Do reboot your handset after this as well.

by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I have done all this but to no avail. I have been asked to wait 72 hours by EE ...what a long wait 

by

Hi @Yetsk

I hope this is resolved as quickly as possible for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Richard

🙂

by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I hope it does get resolved asap too. It not just the bank, its almost all verification texts. I am not getting whatsapp( its a good thing whatsapp gives you a call option to get the code) I recently made an application and the agent wanted to verify my phone.....code never came and application has now been cancelled. Not happy about this...

by

Hopefully this will all be rectified in the timeframe given @Yetsk

Thank you

Richard

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Has your account got a bar on Premium Rate? If so, you'll need to call EE to remove it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

Thanks i will call EE to find out if there is a bar. 

by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

I completely regret switching to EE as i have never had such a service. The lady I spoke to from EE told me that because they have upgraded their security levels and firewall, I will have to contact my bank and the people asking me to verify my number to update their security. I have never heard of such a thing. In a nutshell she is asking me to call Barclays, Whatsapp and Dept of works and pensions to update their security in order to receive a text message from them????

by

Hi @Yetsk,

Is your correct number definitely showing in your phone's settings after customer services refreshed your account?

Did you contact Barclays? They may need to disassociate your old phone from your account.

Thanks

James

by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

Hello, yes my number is showing in my settings. The verification codes have been delivered but they arrive 2 days late and expired. I receive about 10 of them all at once. When I try again it is still not delivering at the right time. It is obviously queuing up somewhere on the network. Its not only happening to my bank but to whats app and some others as well. I receive normal sms just these codes

by

Hi @Yetsk,

Does the network status checker show any problems in your area?

Thanks

James

by Yetsk Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Richard no problems in the area. Just checked via your link

by

Thanks for checking @Yetsk

I've sent you a private message to get some further details.

James

by Styler333
Explorer

I am having the same problem. Have just moved from o2 to ee and not getting texts from Barclays or tesco credit card.  Can someone help please. Thanks 

by

Hi @Styler333,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues receiving verification texts.

Have you reported this issue to technical support or your bank?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.