by yvonne14 Investigator
Investigator

I have had no 4G for 2 weeks and phone calls keep cutting out.

I have had no 4G for 2 weeks, in fact the most I get is H+ and now phone calls keep cutting out midway through conversations. Most recently I am having trouble receiving/making calls. I have been in touch with customer services 3 times and first person didn't know how to help, 2nd promised engineers would be in touch (they haven't!) and today I was told to "monitor" the situation for another few weeks. I explained that I'm paying for a phone I can't use properly and even requested a new phone, but was told that this is my only option.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: I have had no 4G for 2 weeks and phone calls keep cutting out.

Have you checked for any issues in your area?

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

What phone is it having trouble? Have you tried restarting the phone, taking the Sim Card out and a Factory Reset (Remember to back up your data for this last option)?

by yvonne14 Investigator
Investigator

I've checked for issues but it's happening wherever I am .

I have a galaxy 6 edge but haven't tried the reset yet...do you think that will make a difference?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If it is happening everywhere it sounds like a phone issue.

I'd certainly try taking the Sim card out first and checking the contacts etc. If that doesn't work yes, sometimes a Factory Reset can help. The Network Tech team WILL ask you to do this anyway (If they're like a certain competitor anyway as I had a similar issue with them, not EE), so it is best to do this to elimate that possibility before you get a call back.

If that all fails, I'd be asking for a replacement phone.

by yvonne14 Investigator
Investigator

Further on to last post, I finally got EE to agree it was phone problem, however they won't replace it as I didn't take out insurance. I went to a Samsung shop to be told that somehow there is liquid damage in it so they won't repair it (but still charged me £20 for looking!) 

Any ideas where I stand on if EE will repair it?

Ps not sure how a sealed phone that is always in a case got liquid damage!!

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @yvonne14

Are you sure it was a Samsung Support Centre you went to?

Did they not advise how much it would be to repair the device?

We do have Device Repair options but it would depend on the extent of the water damage.

Did you try resetting the phone?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by yvonne14 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Karen 

Yes it was definitely a Samsung support centre. They originally said it would be free as my phone is still under warranty but now won't repair it as they claim there is liquid damage inside it and want to charge me 20 to get my phone back unrepaired.

Also as the phone has been having intermittent signal and 4G problems for nearly 6 weeks, I don't see how it is water damage as surely it would either have dried out or fried the circuits a lot sooner?

I have tried resetting and putting in a new sim.....nothing works and I'm getting pretty fed up with the whole situation 

Yvonne

by
EE Employee

Hi @yvonne14

Thanks for getting back to me!

Have they given you anything to confirm the damage?

Water damage can effect your phone over time if it's been gradual, such as taking your phone in the bathroom where there's lots of steam.

If you've tried a reset and your SIM works in another phone it definitely points to an issue with the phone.

There's a liquid indicator inside where the SIM tray goes which will be red or pink if its been water damaged.

Do you not have any sort of phone insurance through your bank or home insurance that would cover you?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.