Highlighted
by gazcordery

I have had a software update on my S7 Edge today but am still on Android 6.0.1?

Hi,

I've seen a few articles suggesting Android 7 (Nougat) is rolling out in the UK currently.  I have had a software update on my S7Edge today but am still on Android 6.0.1.  Any ideas when Nougat is headed our way?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: I have had a software update on my S7 Edge today but am still on Android 6.0

Hi @gazcordery,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Sorry, I don't have an estimated roll out date at the moment.

As soon as the update is available you will get a notification on your handset.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

12 REPLIES 12
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: I have had a software update on my S7 Edge today but am still on Android 6.0

Hi @gazcordery,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Sorry, I don't have an estimated roll out date at the moment.

As soon as the update is available you will get a notification on your handset.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Guys,

Samsung have officially released Android 7.0 Nougat for the unbranded Samsung Galaxy S7 Flat & EDGE model. EE Wi-Fi calling does indeed work but NOT 4G Calling (VoLTE). It does not matter if your device is locked to EE as the BTU firmware will still accept your EE sim.

You can download the firmware from SamMobile:

Galaxy S7 FLAT - SM-G930F: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/120140/G930FXXU1DPLT_G930FOXA1DPLT_BTU/

by chipxtreme Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Have you tried the BTU firmware? I'm tempted to flash it seeing as VoLTE isn't working currently anyway so literally nothing to lose

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Sure, I'm currently using the BTU nougat firmware now and it's GREAT!

Valued Contributor

Just flashed it to my S7 edge and first impressions is it looks amazing, really good upgrade, but I used battery percent enabler to display battery percent inside of battery icon which doesn't work and also don't seem to have wifi calling. Maybe its because I didn't do a full reset before flashing? Do you have wifi calling and did you do full reset?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Chip, yes you will need to perform a full factory reset. 3rd party apps may not have full support for Nougat yet so It may be your battery percentage app isn't fully support, best to use the official one for time being.

EE Wi-Fi calling can be enabled following these steps:

• Go to the phone's dialler.
  • In the top right hand corner of the dialler you will see the menu button (Next to the microphone and it looks like 3 dots in a straight line)
  • Click on 'Settings'
  • Scroll down to the very bottom of this settings screen where you will see 'Wi-Fi Calling'
  • Move the slider to the 'ON' position to enable EE Wi-Fi calling.
Valued Contributor

I'm well aware of where the Wifi calling setting is on the phone, by going from EVR firmware to BTU Nougat firmware without a wipe it had issues.

I've since done a wipe and re-flashed BTU Nougat firmware with the CSC file from the beta1 and now everything works perfect. I have VoWifi and VoLTE which I wouldn't have for probably months until EE get round to updating the firmware.

Only issue i've had is the battery percentage enabler which shows the battery percentage INSIDE the battery icon no longer works with Samsung's firmware, this is obviously a bug as it works fine on my Pixel C which runs even newer version of Nougat.

by ynot68 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi did you say you had wifi calling and volte after upgrading to nougat. What phone are you using and is it the beta software or the final software released on january 17th.

I am considering flashing the btu software, i need wifi calling but not volte although i would to like to keep it

many thanks

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi,

I am on the Official Nougat release not BETA update. I can confirm Wi-Fi calling works just fine but not VoLTE unless you manually flash the Nougat 1 CSC file which I would not recommend as it will break S Health and you will lose future OTA updates.

Established Contributor

Many thanks Smiley Happy

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You having any issues not gettingHD voice on S7 Nougat BTU (with beta 1 CSC)?

Established Contributor

I didnt flash the btu still waiting (forever) for ee update lol

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions