by Meandmine3
Explorer

I have been tricked into a contract I don't want

My phone broke, I went into ee with my 2 toddlers pressed for time to get an early upgrade. This was approx 2/3 weeks ago. 

I was given a tablet which I didn't want or need that apparently came free with my phone. 

My phone is rubbish and the memory is already full. I only have 3gb pictures and videos so it's the phone is rubbish. 

I looked at my contract and I'm paying £15 a month for the tablet that is still in the box. That's how little I wanted it but as I was led to believe it was free.

I have massively been taken advantage of. I am paying for a tablet I don't use and a phone that is no use to me because I can't even fit basic apps on it.

Do I have any rights here? 

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I have been tricked into a contract I don't want

You can try going into the store and explaining thing but you are outside the normal cooling off period if you did purchase online or over the phone.

There is no return policy of purchased in store.

You could had always said no and should never make decisions if in a rush.

The manager is under no obligation to return the device etc. So if you are still unhappy you can always make a complaint via the complaint procedure through the EE website.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Meandmine3
Explorer

Yeh I know, it's nice to have the luxury of no children for some people but the boy took advantage,no question.

I want to swap my unopened tablet and barely used without a mark on it phone for a more expensive conteact, the time period is exactly 14 days today I worked out.

Surely that will count in my davour? The tablet is still in the plastic wrapping and even in the bag it came home in!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Meandmine3  There is no cooling of period for store sales. And any tablet that you might get for free just means no upfront cost but it will also have a cellular data connection and that’s means a contract for that connection and that’s what you’ve agreed to have by having the “free” tablet.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Meandmine3

Thanks for posting in community.

I can see @BrendonH and @Chris_B have given help and support to you.

If you signed up for your plan in an EE store, you can only cancel your plan if: 

• you’re experiencing coverage issues 

• our coverage doesn’t meet your expectations 

> See our full refund and cancellations policy

Please see our ways to complain if you would like to discuss this matter with anyone else.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

wrote:

Yeh I know, it's nice to have the luxury of no children for some people but the boy took advantage,no question.

I want to swap my unopened tablet and barely used without a mark on it phone for a more expensive conteact, the time period is exactly 14 days today I worked out.

Surely that will count in my davour? The tablet is still in the plastic wrapping and even in the bag it came home in!

I'm sorry, but you're an adult, with children, take some responsibility!

My phone broke, I went into an EE store with my toddler pressed for time and was pressured into taking a phone I didn't want.

I walked out of the store, waited for the little one to sleep and called EE retentions instead.

Never sign a contract you do not understand. Being pressured for time does not mean taking whatever and thinking about it later.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.