by Coralb Investigator
Investigator

I have a new Nokia 1 phone and can’t connect to WiFi

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have a new Nokia 1 phone and can’t connect to WiFi

@Coralb    What Wi-Fi, your home Wi-Fi public Wi-Fi  down the pub WiFi.      Can you give more information please. 

by Coralb Investigator
Investigator

My broadband provider is SSE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Coralb 

Have you entered the correct password when prompted. (It's normally case sensitive)

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Coralb   Are you putting the correct pass phase in to your device?  And do you have issue connecting to other WiFi signals ?  

by Coralb Investigator
Investigator

Hi,  I’m certain I’m putting in the right password but the reception signal on my phone is weak unless I go outside, then the wifi signal is weak.  Could this be the problem?

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Coralb   The cellular signal that shows on the device has nothing to do with the WiFi signal that shows on the device.  Not receiving a good WiFi signal outside is because your home is blocking the WiFi signal when your outside.    

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you able to connect to WiFi hotspots when out & about?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @Coralb,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you getting connected to the WiFi but then not getting a strong signal or can you not connect to your home WiFi at all?

Have you been able to connect a different phone or device to your home broadband OK ?

Alex 🙂

by Coralb Investigator
Investigator

I cannot connect my phone to home wifi at all.  This is the first phone I’ve had that I would like to connect to wifi.  I don’t have a strong signal outside and no signal inside my home.

by
EE Community Team

@Coralb,

Can you connect any other devices to your home WiFi so we can check it is the new phone and not an issue with your broadband please.

Do you have a WiFi light that is on on the router itself?

You will struggle to get a WiFi signal outside your home. If you can be standing close to the router when your connecting then we will know if it wont connect at all, or if your WiFi signal is weak.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.