by Grandad2 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a Samsung J5 with 8 gig of internal storage.

Hi, can anyone help please.

My internal storage is almost used up with updates all the time, my question is if i use a much larger micro sd card (i only have a 2 gig one in my phone) am i able to load apps to it and would they work from the sd card so to save my internal storage?.

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor
Solution

Re: I have a Samsung J5 with 8 gig of internal storage.

@Grandad2 yes apps can be moved to sd card (some apps not all) do you know if photos and videos are saved to your sd card or internal memory?

8 REPLIES 8
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor
Solution

@Grandad2 yes apps can be moved to sd card (some apps not all) do you know if photos and videos are saved to your sd card or internal memory?

Valued Contributor

Hi Rodgersdave77, Yes I do have photos and music on my internal memory and i think one or two small videos of our grandchildren.

As of now I have used 7.57 gig out 8 gig internal and 719MB used of 1.84 gig sd card.

Valued Contributor

My other question was, if I am able to transfer apps and my photos/music to the sd card and they work from there, will it be safe to delete stuff off my internal storage, I would not like to loose photos of our grandchildren etc.

Thanks.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Grandad2 if you get a bigger sd card and then transfer apps/photos etc to sd card rather than copy to sd card then you won't lose anything and won't have to delete anything..... Do you have photos/videos backed up to Samsung cloud through your Samsung account? 

Valued Contributor

Hi rogersdave77.

No I don't have anything backed up, I will look into this, it sounds like a good idea for extra storage. Would I have it as an app on my Phone or do I download off Google Play Store?.

thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Grandad2,

There's a huge range of option available in the Google Play Store. I personally use Google Photos.

Hope this helps.

James

Valued Contributor

Thank you James_B I will look at all the options.

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem @Grandad2 Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.