by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

I desperately need unlock code

I have left EE for Vodafone due to better contract. Samsung phone is locked. EE say waiting for Samsung to issue. Checked twice with Samsung who insist phone sold to EE unlocked so in EE control to issue code but they refuse for 10 days. Meanwhile mother in law had accident, lives 60 miles away. Can't maintain contact with wife who is with her mum

22 REPLIES 22
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I desperately need unlock code

Hi there @Barryc

Thanks for coming to the community.

When did you request the device to be unlocked with our unlocking team?

We aim to unlock all devices within 72 hours. If we need a code from the manufacturer, it may take ten days for the unlocking code.

Leanne.

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne 1sr requested Monday 23/09. Told may take up to 10 days so contacted your unlock team and they said it was because the code must be issued by Samsung. Spoke twice now with Samsung, 2nd time this afternoon, who are adamant phone was sold to EE unlocked and it is EE who control the unlock. In meantime have missed important calls, including bank and wife who is with mother 60 miles away due to mother having accident causing potential brain damage.RegardsBarry Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by

Hi @Barryc

As @Leanne_T mentioned, we do sometimes require a manufacturer to send us a code to unlock the device.

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law's accident. We all wish her a full and speedy recovery.

Chris

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

That's not correct in this case. I've spoken to Samsung twice and they are adamant the phone was sold to EE unlocked so it's just EE being bloody minded!Thanks a bunch EE!Regards Barry Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by

We wouldn't purposefully make the process longer than it needs to be, @Barryc.

As soon as the unlocking team have the code, they'll send it over to you so that you can complete the unlock of the phone.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Chris

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

Oh yes you do! Samsung sell phones unlocked then EE lock them. Ee lock, EE unlock. Should take no more than 24 hours! Thanks a bunch EE 

by

I've sent you a private message, @Barryc

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

This lived up to my expectations of EE, which you can tell are extremely low! Someone from EE rang me on landline (mobile no longer operational as waiting for unlock code) checked security, passed me through to someone in business team who promptly hung up on me! I called back but in very long queue and had to go out. Congratulations EE you've fulfilled my expectations completely, and still no code after 8 days!

by

Hi @Barryc.

Have you been able to get back in touch?

Would you like me to try again for you?

Jon

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

Providing you can guarantee they will not hang up again! I cant keep wasting my time on hold to you guys 

by

Thanks @Barryc.

I'll send you a private message to get more information.

Jon

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

So it's now 10 days and still no code. What is happening EE? It's getting more and more difficult to manage without a mobile phone every day. Missing so many calls. People asking why I haven't got back to them.

by

Hi there @Barryc

I am sorry to hear this.

I would like to get this looked into further for you, I have sent you a private message on here to get some information.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

Still no unlock code! 10 days now without a phone. Come on EE, stop messing about deliberately withholding the code!!@@-

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

So somebody from EE called today (Sunday 6 October 2019) whilst I was out on our landline and left a message with my wife for me to call a particular number.  Hooray! I thought, but no, when I called back it was yet more messing about.  Tried to tell me that if I requested an unlock code on 23 September the 10th working day is tomorrow and so I will get my code tomorrow.

I have 2 issues with this.

1)  23/24/25/26/27 and 30/01/02/03/04 makes 10 working days to my simple mind

2)  If you can be so certain that I will get code tomorrow it means you must be able to give it to me today, but no, you insist on giving it to me tomorrow

I have to admit I lost it at this point.  I didn't swear to the guy on the other end but did ask why you keep giving me all this bullsh!t.  Not really surprising is it.  You keep telling me that Samsung have to supply you with the code, whereas Samsung are absolutely adamant the phone would have been unlocked when supplied to EE and it is EE software/apps that lock it.

If you are reliant on Samsung giving it then how can you be certain it will be available tomorrow?

I will never contract with EE or any other derivative of EE again and will let everyone I know exactly what has happened so that they will, hopefully, do likewise.

Thank you EE for an unforgettable experience!

by

Hi @Barryc

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message on here today.

Did our Mobile Care team say they will be contacting you tomorrow?

Leanne.

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne

I'm afraid I was so cross because I assumed the call received by my wife this morning when your guy asked for me to call back meant that you had the code for me.  I got very cross and ended up hanging up on David because he was giving me the same old rubbish yet again, plus telling me that I would get the code on the 10th working day.  He, incorrectly, insisted the 10th working day to be tomorrow.

If he knows I a getting the code tomorrow it can only be because EE have the code today, so why not give it to me.

I am taking steps to involve the Comms Ombudsman Service tomorrow by phone as their website states I must give you 8 weeks from 1st date of complaint.  I need help from them now, so will call.

by

Hi @Barryc

Thanks for the quick reply.

If you would like us to help you with your complaint and the unlocking request, could you reply to my private message so I can get the team to get in touch.

Leanne.

by Barryc Contributor
Contributor

I had already spoken to the team yesterday. I made it 10 days Friday but your guy couldn't count and made it 10 working days today.

Whichever, I have still not received it. If it arrives today I can guarantee it will be at the end of the working day but I'm not holding my breath!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.