by Chrismc68
Explorer

I consistently receive a 'weak' signal at home via my BT hub - - O2 gets great

I consistently receive a 'weak' signal on my Samsung A5 mobile phone when at home via my BT home hun. My family all use O2 and always receive a strong signal.

It means I have to use mobile data when using my phone at home - costing me more each month.

Why do I receive a 'weak' signal at home with EE?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I consistently receive a 'weak' signal at home via my BT hub - - O2 gets gre

Hi, 

Just to be clear you are posting about your phone connecting to wifi and not EE mobile network? 

If so then try:

• Forgetting the network on your phone then reconnection fresh;
  • Changing the frequency you are connecting to so if 2.4 connect to the 5GHz channel;
  • Try a different wifi channel on your router (if this can be changed) 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Chrismc68
Explorer

Re: I consistently receive a 'weak' signal at home via my BT hub - - O2 gets gre

Thanks...no it's my EE network coverage...when I'm at home and looking to use wifi on my phone, i consistently get a 'weak' or no signal...and yet my family who use O2 always have a strong signal.
Is there a problem with EE network coverage in my home (new build property near Glasgow)?
Chris

Sent from my Samsung device
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

I'm still not clear on your issue as EE network has nothing to do with your BT home hub or wifi hence my first post regarding wifi reception. 

If you have a weak mobile network signal then you can check for local network issues here. You can also check EE estimated coverage here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chrismc68 wrote:
no it's my EE network coverage...when I'm at home and looking to use wifi on my phone, i consistently get a 'weak' or no

Your BT HH's WiFi is nothing to do with EE's mobile network. If you are getting a weak WiFi signal from it on your phone then that's down to the HH & your phone and you should follow @Northerner's advice.

We are all puzzled by your mixing up of WiFi & mobile signal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Chrismc68 and welcome to the community.

So we can try to assist, please can you clarify the following:

• Are you able to connect to your home hub?
  • Are you showing the WIFI symbol on your device?

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.