by StephMore2
Explorer

I can't receive amazon verification texts?

I am trying to change my mobile number, at which point amazon tells me they have sent a confirmation code to my phone. I never recieve the text even though I have signal. I have tried several times, and can recieve texts from other numbers. It also worked straight away when my boyfriend tried it and he also has an android phone. So why aren't my texts coming through?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can't receive amazon verification texts?

Hi, 

These text messages don't always get sent and if you request them more than once you may receive more than one text. Plus if the site us busy there maybe a delay. I would suggest trying after 9am tomorrow which is not a bank holiday. 

If you are receiving other text then its unlikely to be EE that is the problem.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by StephMore2
Explorer

No, have tried again and it's still not working. When I input my boyfriends number the text came through within seconds.

I uninstalled a spam blocker call and text app I had thinking the texts might be getting blocked? I also checked the blocked text android settings were all off and restarted. Is it possible they are still getting blocked somehow? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @StephMore2

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Please give our customer services  team a call and they can check if there is any restriction preventing you getting texted on the account.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.