by Ashmoore79
Explorer

I black listed my old phone earlier that was stolen and the person is using it??

My old samsung s5 neo was stolen and i rang up and got it black listed, and the person is still logging into my stuff and using the wifi on the phone even though it got black listed? The person on the phone from ee who black listed it didnt ask for the serial or imei, how long does it usually take for a phone to be black listed? And i got told they can not use the phone at all? Yet they are still using the wifi?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I black listed my old phone earlier that was stolen and the person is using

Black-listing is only operative over the mobile networks. When used over WiFi it just becomes a "dumb" non-mobile device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ashmoore79
Explorer

Yeah but the person over the phone said they cant use the wifi either

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, they lied!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

You need to use Android Device Manager or Find My Phone, to lock and erase the handset.

If you hadn't set up an Google or Samsung account on your phone then you'll have to log into your social media, messaging etc accounts on something else and change your password and remove access from the S5.

When you get a new phone don't forget to add a PIN number or password, so that this can't happen again.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

To add to what @Techhead has written, make sure that you have a pin for your sim card, not just a pin for your phone, and make sure that you have a way of erasing all evidence if your phone is lost or stolen as suggested.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.