by tnortham Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am outside the EU and I'm on pay as you go. I want to turn my voice mail off.

I am outside the EU and I'm on pay as you go. I want to turn my voice mail off. I typed VM OFF to 150 and I recieved a text message to tell me my response could not be recognised. 

36 REPLIES 36
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I am outside the EU and I'm on pay as you go. I want to turn my voice mail o

Are you on EE, Orange or T-M?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Re: I am outside the EU and I'm on pay as you go. I want to turn my voice mail o

EE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try texting VOICEMAIL DIVERT OFF to 150, but I doubt it'll be any diff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

I typed it and sent it but there is no response to that text. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @tnortham you can turn voicemail on and off by calling 150 using options 2, 1, 1, 3. 🙂

Established Contributor

tried that. I dont have enough credit to make the call. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The only other way is through customer service using another phone:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Or topping up then you will be able to via calling 150.

🙂

Established Contributor

I stil have not found the answer to this question. I want to turn voice mail off by sending a text please as it will be cheaper. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tnortham

We usually recommend turning off voicemail before you travel (if you do not want it to be active).

Please see @tm90's post above.

Our customer service team will be able to help you.

Please contact them from an alternative phone.

Chris

Established Contributor

I topped up my phone with £10.00. I rang the customer services. They answered. But I was cut off almost immediatley and sent a text to say that I now only had 75 pence worth of creidit. This is very poor customer service. 

Established Contributor

I have spent £10 and my voice mail is still not turned off.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

We do not have access to accounts to turn your voicemail off.

You will need to try the self serve options I mentioned above now that you can call 150 (options 2, 1, 1, 3) or try and connect to an agent again.

Is it critically imperative you turn voicemail off right now? Can you not wait until you are back in the UK?

Established Contributor

I am not back in the UK for a few months. People are ringing me up and leaving voice mail and then getting anoyed that I dont get back to them. 

I do not want to spend another £10 uncuccesfully. 

Established Contributor

The EE customer service isvery poor. I will need to reconsider who I go with when I get my next contact when I'm back in the UK

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tnortham,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to get this sorted with customer services.

When you sent the VM OFF text did you have credit available on your account?

Chris

Established Contributor

yes. I had credit on my account when I sent the VM OFF text. It still didnt work. 

Established Contributor

In fact I had £17 in credit on my phone. 

Established Contributor

Now I have 75 pence. 

Established Contributor

I think EE should do the right thing and reinburse me. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.