by Kristenbessant
Explorer

Huewai P20 Pro EE lies

I preordered the Huewai P20 Pro after talking to both the i store reps and telephone reps, both said that the phone came with a micro sd card slot. 

I have been busy at work so today has been the first time I've properly looked at the phone. I went to put my new sd card into the phone and couldn't find anywhere to put it. 

After a quick look on EEs website to double check that it has expandable memory I walk to my local store where we all look for the slot as they all know it has one.

10mins and a short conversation with their Huewai rep later and we discover it doesn't have the slot 😠.

I'm now looking at exchanging it for the S9+ via Samsung own finance deals. 

I can't believe that a big name phone dealer such as EE can't do basic research on a phone before selling it to their customers  

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Huewai P20 Pro EE lies

@Kristenbessant

Did you not research the phone before committing to buy it? It seems a bit daft you would pay so much without looking into the device and contract you are paying for. 

Plus the phone comes with 128GB (less os) of storage, which even for the most hardcore user should be enough .

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Kristenbessant
Explorer

I did my research specification wise, on the EE website and watched comparison videos before buying. Since EE specifically told me twice that the device has a micro sd card and it mentions it on their website I never looked into it further. 

My previous S7 edge had a total of 128gb of storage which I filled. I travel alot so keeping media on my phone is a priority. Please don't assume that everyone uses a phone the same way. 

Either way you would think that EE would research the phone fully as (I feel) they have a responsibility to give trusted advice about their products.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kristenbessant wrote:

it mentions it on their website I never looked into it further. .

If that were the case it would be a case for the ASA, but I don't see it mentioned on this item in the EE Shop online. Nor is it in Huewai's Tech Spec.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.