by Hancor2 Investigator
Investigator

Huawei p9. Screen won't lock during a call. Often find my ear has muted the call

Huawei P9 does not lock the screen when in a call so I often find my ear has put the call on hold or tried to transfer it. Has anyone had this issue and found a way to stop this happening?

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: Huawei p9. Screen won't lock during a call. Often find my ear has muted the

Hi @Hancor2 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, please may I know if you have performed a soft reset on the device.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Hancor2 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Huawei p9. Screen won't lock during a call. Often find my ear has muted the

Hi, I don't think this an issue that any resets will solve. Since I have had the phone it has done this, it has also been off and on a few times. It seems the proximity sensor is always active, I have tried pressing the power button to lock the screen but the sensor overrides this. I also have looked for a setting but couldn't see anything obvious so was wondering if anyone else had the problem and found a solution.

by Hancor2 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Huawei P9. Screen won't lock during a call. Often find my ear has muted the

Hi, I don't think this an issue that any resets will solve. Since I have had the phone it has done this, it has also been off and on a few times. It seems the proximity sensor is always active, I have tried pressing the power button to lock the screen but the sensor overrides this. I also have looked for a setting but couldn't see anything obvious so was wondering if anyone else had the problem and found a solution.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Huawei P9. Screen won't lock during a call. Often find my ear has muted the

Thanks @Hancor2

Do you have a screen lock active on the device at all?

Speak soon 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.