by Yellowmatic Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Huawei mate 10 Pro gpu turbo update?

Anybody know when this update will be available on EE? It's been rolled out a while now...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Huawei mate 10 Pro gpu turbo update?

Hi @Yellowmatic

Was this device ever sold by EE? 

If not then it's not EE who are responsible for updates.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @Yellowmatic

Was this device ever sold by EE? 

If not then it's not EE who are responsible for updates.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Team

Hi @Yellowmatic,

We don't provide the Huawei mate 10 Pro direct at EE.

Can you confirm where you purchased the equipment from? Is it an EE sim card that you are using in the device?

Alex

by Yellowmatic Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry, it was bought at currys and it's on a sim only deal. that kind of answeress my question then, updates don't need to come through EE, right?

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Yellowmatic,

The updates will come directly from Huawei if it was bought SIM free 🙂

Alex

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Alex_S wrote:

Hi @Yellowmatic,

The updates will come directly from Huawei if it was bought SIM free 🙂

Alex

this is incorrect as the huawei phones sold by CPW become linked to the network operator for the first sim card installed

I purchased a sim-free mate 10 pro from CPW and because they sell the C782 model only (not the C432 which is european sim-free model) which is the same as provided by network operators in the UK, then the updates have to be approved by the network operator.

This means if EE are not approving updates as they never sold the product, you are unlikely to get an update on the phone or if you do, you will be in the same boat as everyone else with a huawei phone that is a C782 model, where we are not getting updates like the C432 model due to network providers not authorising the updates (according to huawei)

So, we escalated this matter and we are waiting for a proper statement to give to all of you regarding the software updates. What we do know is that the software needs to be approved by all operators. It's very hard to get the approval from some operators. This is why UK software is taking ( a lot) longer.

I'm really sorry but there is nothing we can do right now. We are waiting on more information that we can share with you. 

The solution is to unlock the phone and install the C432 firmware, but you need to have the unlock code, which Huawei stopped supplying in July to prevent users doing this to receive updates.

If you want a phone in the UK that will receive timely software and security updates, then don't buy Huawei, whether through a network provider or sim-free unless you can guarantee it is a C432 model.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

This is also the case with the cheaper Huawei handsets (eg P Smart). 

Some networks (eg Three) will even remotely brand the handset. (Eg. Buy a SIM free phone from Argos or CPW. stick a three sim in it. During the setup process, it will say customisation received from provider. Reboot the phone and its got the Three splash screen and apps)

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Techhead wrote:

This is also the case with the cheaper Huawei handsets (eg P Smart). 

Some networks (eg Three) will even remotely brand the handset. (Eg. Buy a SIM free phone from Argos or CPW. stick a three sim in it. During the setup process, it will say customisation received from provider. Reboot the phone and its got the Three splash screen and apps)

Yep, this happened to me with my Mate 10 Pro purchased via CPW, I now have the horrible three splash screen on the phone. Huawei, Three and CPW all believe they have done nothing wrong and Huawei state this happens to the phones due to a requirement made by the network operators.

At the moment I can't rebrand it, but once get my Pixel 3 XL I may possibly rebrand it or get rid of the device, but I'll never buy another Huawei mobile due to this stance and will advise others not to buy if they ask me.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

The update is now showing on FF so we may get within the next 1 to 2 months

Screenshot_20181019-131227.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.