by Grumpykev Investigator
Investigator

Huawei P9 Nougat?

Apologies if this has already been answered - I searched but couldn't find anything. Do we have any news on when (or if) we will get the Nougat update on the Huawei P9?

16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Huawei P9 Nougat?

Hi,  

EE don't provide firmware update release dates but when one is available your phone will tell you. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Have you tried to use the HiCare app to download it?

It appears it only went into beta a few weeks ago though so it may be some time before carrier versions arrive.

Investigator

Yes. No update the either so looks like a long wait!
by Brian12
Explorer

I contacted Huawei direct to ask when I would receive Nougat and was told that they did not have a date for my build reference. Surely, these updates are mapped out and distributed against a timetable??

B

by Brian12
Explorer

I contacted Huawei direct to ask when I would receive Nougat and was told that htey did not have a date for my build reference. Surely, these updates are mapped out and distributed against a timetable??

B

Investigator

This has put me off Huawei as a brand. Once my contract is done I'm back to
SIM only and Motorola.
by Littleash88
Explorer

They are a bit slow on the uptake of the updates but take into account that as a fairly new brand releasing high end handsets, they want to ensure that they get this right before releasing it to the public. Would you rather have a half-baked version thats full of bugs or a fully tested version that's perfect for your needs?! 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I think you'll find the build you have in your devices is an EE specific build. 

Any delays will be due to the changes EE have requested. Have a read of the other P9 threads and ask Huawei for information on that specific build and the process of dealing with EE

Mark

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Morning

Have a read of the below threads about P9 updates and issues.

--

Posted July

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/Enabling-Wifi-Calling-on-Huawei-P9-lite/m-p/457629

---------
Posted Nov

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/Huawei-p9-ee-version-don-t-regular-updates-but-cpwh-unlocked/m...

In this thread it states

"Hi, the current firmware on the P9 is faulty, and will not work with in car systems using Android Auto, Huawei have fixed this when will we get a firmware fix to resolve the faults?"

"It has been fixed since 17th October '16 with the B180 firmware. However not for EE users obviously."

--

Can you confirm which firmware is on your devices. 

Mark L

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Grumpykev

I've just had the below from Huawei

Hello!

About the updating procedure, devices sold by network operator are locked on a specific network. For this, network operators ask Huawei to modify the software of these devices.

Because of these modifications updates can only be sent out by the network operators and Huawei cannot send updates directly to these devices.

Network operators are responsible for the updates because of these modifications. Also, they have to modify them to fit their devices.

Information about the updating plan should be included in your contract with EE. Seeing as they modified the software of the devices they sell, they are responsible for their release.

Hope this proves useful. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Have a great day!

--

So there you go from the manufacturer itself.  I've asked for some more info and will update when i get more,

EE time to change

Mark 

by Han2cor

Enough is enough, when will EE stop using the pathetic stock answer of "EE don't give update release dates" and actually answer the questions. I get it, you can't say when but at least own up as to whether or not the P9 will see an update. Is it going to happen or not? If not then just say so, if it is then give us a glimmer of hope. 

by Wils1907 Investigator
Investigator

The ee-branded version of Nougat for the Huawei P9 (P380) has been available for a couple of weeks, you can download it from a number of websites. I phoned ee last week to find out if they've started rolling it out yet because downloading it from the web doesn't seem like a good idea. The first person I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about, their manager was very helpful but unable to find the information.

I sent a message via the website and got a call the next day. She had spoken to numerous departments and was unable to find anyone who could give her an answer. I'll get a call back if she can find anyone who knows.

ee are a shambles.  All I wanted to know was if the rollout had started and how long it would take to get it to all P9 phones. If ee are incapable of making this information available internally, there's no chance customers will ever get a straight answer.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wils1907,

As far as I'm aware, Huawei haven't started rolling out Nougat to EE versions of the P9.

As soon as it's available you will be the first to know via a notification on your handset.

Thanks

James

by sunman Contributor
Contributor

HI James_B

Huawei rolled out Nougat to the P9 in March , other UK mobile providers have rolled it out to thier users and non branded handsets ( eg CPW ) have recieved it .

EE get your finger out and roll it out to your users you are behind as usual !!

by jimmyapage
Explorer

It has been nearly 5 months since Huawei released android 7 on the P9 does it really take EE that long to check it over or whatever they do? And the worse thing is every member of staff has dodged the question of when the update would come. My phone is still on the B138 software version and there has been many many updates pushed from Huawei since this version yet EE hasn't put out any of them. Many updates have small fixes for bugs such as the bluetooth audio disconnecting problem, yet EE don't seem to care I've been with EE for 6 or so years and have never had as poor phone support as this it is appauling. 

by JimmyC Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I suggest we vote with our wallets, I wont be renewing with EE unless this is sorted very quickly, other carriers had it out in weeks after release, EE this has become embarrassing! Certainly won't recommend EE to anyone.... thought Vodafone were bad....

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.