by eclipse99 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Huawei P20 Pro wifi calling

Tech support did try some flannel that it was the same for all phones...would not accept that it was definitely not with my wife's so or our old s7 edges. Where, when enabled WiFi calling defaults to WiFi. Now when it switches between 4g and WiFi calling the call will nearly always drop out. Come on EE start listening to your customers!
Sent from my Huawei phone
by neil1311
Visitor

Re: Huawei P20 Pro wifi calling

Having messed about with this for a fair while now, I completely agree with eclipse99. I am in a basement which creates a form of Faraday cage, and thus the 4G signal is only ever very weak in the room. When I want to make a call, I therefore have to switch to Airplane mode and turn wifi calling on - not particularly elegant - but at least it works. However, receiving calls is a different issue. Unless I go into airplane mode every time I enter the room - which would be a bit ridiculous - it attempts to pick the call up using the very weak signal and then of course the caller gets a very poor connection and we can't hear each other. I cannot switch to Airplane mode mid call - again that would be ridiculous - so all that EE need to enable is either the button as described - though ideally on the front screen drop down - or get it to properly switch to WIFI calling at a higher signal threshold. I too have a Huawei P20 Pro, as do two of my sons who also have the issue of course. My wife is on another network and they cracked this issue long ago - time to solve it EE I suspect as this thread seems to have been on and off for three years in various guises.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.