by EAGJB03 Investigator
Investigator

Huawei P20 Pro email set up

I am trying to set up my Huawei P20 Pro to use my btinternet email address and all the options from the BT set up page are not working any help if some has managed to complete this. Gmail has set up no problem.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Huawei P20 Pro email set up

What error msg are you getting?

Set up your Mail app according to What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by EAGJB03 Investigator
Investigator

The error message is that the phone Couldn't finish because it ' Couldn't open connection to server' I have tried the IMAP and POP3 setting recomended from the BT set up pages but still getting the same answer each time.

by
EE Employee

Hi @EAGJB03 and welcome to the community.

Are you using the following setup pages, have you double checked that all username and passwords are correct?

Many thanks,

Lee

by EAGJB03 Investigator
Investigator

Yes thats the set up pages I have tried to use and even my old phones settings that work that are different to them still do not work. On the Huawei P20 pro there are different options to select when setting up the email but all are getting the same message. if you use 'Exchange'  or  the 'others' option the Yahoo option wont allow you to set up a btinternet email address. My Gmail email works on it thats the other option and there is a hotmail option but ist not a Hotmail email address i am trying to set up.

by
EE Employee

Hi @EAGJB03 

When you select "others" this should allow you to then set up your BT email account.

Have you double checked passwords are correct etc?

Many thanks,

Lee

by EAGJB03 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thanks for the help and the soulution is not to use your normal email password but your MY BT password for logging on to your bt account on line and webmail.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@EAGJB03 wrote:

the soulution is not to use your normal email password but your MY BT password for logging on to your bt account on line and webmail.

Isn't that your normal email password?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.