by Holmey Investigator
Investigator

Huawei P20 Pro - No WiFi calling

I see from posts on here that others have had the same issue and it is supposed to be resolved, but for me it's not, and when I've just spoken to support on 150, (where I live I had to drive 4 miles just to get a signal), I'm told this is not a known issues, (even though posts on here say it is).

How can I get this sorted, with what 150 have done, (supposedly reset my sim), and me following their instructions and it's still not working.

If I can't get this resolved by tomorrow, my phone is going back, it's not fit for purpose, so who at ee can help me with this when 150 can't and even deny this is an issue 😞

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Huawei P20 Pro - No WiFi calling

Hi @Holmey 

Your phone is from EE? Is the service activated on your device?

If like other devices, WiFi calling will only activate when you have no signal, if you have a signal or 4G LTE icon (or similar) then your device is connected to the network.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Holmey

Welcome to the community. 🙂

If you're in an area where you have a 4G connection, your phone will use that before WiFi calling so that you get the benefit of HD calling.

If your phone can't connect to 4G, and you're connected to WiFi, your phone will use WiFi calling.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Holmey  Have you enabled the service on the device?  You’ll need to switch is on. 

by Holmey Investigator
Investigator

Sorry, but despite me disabling WiFi, Tethering, WiFi calling, rebooting both my phone and router, then enabling everything again as advised, WiFi calling is still not working.

This is over 10 hours I've lost and 50 miles I've driven this morning trying to sort this out, with the conclusion I've come to being my phone and contract is not fit for purpose therefore I will be cancelling my direct debit. Should EE or Carphone Warehouse, (where I got the phone from), bring civil action against me due to this, it will be contested and I will put in a counter claim for the cost of the time I've wasted on this and what I've paid on the contract so far, same if you try and put my account into default, I will count that as defamation and bring appropriate action.

Off out to get a new phone from 3, at least phones through them do what they are supposed to, and when you have a problem, their support sort it, unlike I've found with ee.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Holmey

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your WiFi calling still.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Holmey   Can I just ask is thus just on one router or have you tired on different routers? 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Holmey Is the option for wifi calling showing up under the network settings? Have you tried airplane mode, and enabling wifi and leaving it for a few mins, also try rebooting your router.

by Holmey Investigator
Investigator

I've replied to your PM and appreciate your offer to help, but as my reply explains, it's too little too late, I've cancelled my direct debit, will be returning my phone to Carphone Warehouse in the morning and will not only fight any civil action ee or Carphone Warehouse attempt for breach of contract vigorously, but also introduce a counter claim as your own, (ee's), breach of contract on this that are as clear as day to anybody familiar with commercial and consumer law in this area.

Phil

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Holmey   Was it on more than one router?  Did you enable WiFi calling from within the device settings.  

Just to add your device being from the CPW just might not be a UK spec device so may never work with EEs WiFi calling service.  This is not down to EE but the CPW.  You might just be in breach of contract as EE do state you need a compatible device and the one you have just might not be. 

But you also need to answer the questions you’ve been asked as someone might be able to help you. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.