Highlighted
by EE Community Team
EE Community Team

Huawei P20 | P20 Pro offer. How to claim your Bose headphones.

**Update** This offer is now closed. For the Summer Huawei headphone offer see the current artice

UPDATE 20th APRIL 2018. 9.55am

We understand there have been reported errors on the Huawei website when customers are attempting to redeem the free bose Headphone offer. 

Huawei are working to resolve this as soon as possible. Please be re-assured that eligible customers will still be able to complete the redemption once issues are resolved.

We're also seeing a little confusion over date vs. purchase date. We've been in touch with Huawei who have confirmed "purchase" date is the date that you received the Huawei phone.

UPDATE:

If you pre-ordered the Huawei P20 or P20 Pro between 28 March and 5 April, you are entitled to claim your free Bose headphones from Huawei – find out how to claim below.

How do I get the free Bose headphones?

From 20 April 2018, go to Huawei’s promotional portal: www.huaweipromo.co.uk and fill out the online form. You’ll need to enter your order details, your IMEI number (typically found in your phone/device's settings or dial *#06#) and also upload proof of purchase.

Once the online claim form is complete you will receive an email confirmation and the headphones will be delivered direct to the address entered.

I pre-ordered in an EE shop; how do I claim the Bose headphones?

As you pre-ordered in-store you would have received a proof of purchase at the time of the order which would be time stamped to show when you pre-ordered. You’ll need to upload this to the claim form to redeem the offer.                                    

I pre-ordered online, over the phone; how do I claim the Bose headphones?

As you pre-ordered over the phone or online you will have received an email or text confirming your order at the point of purchase. This will have been time stamped to show when you pre-ordered. You’ll need to upload this to the claim form to redeem the offer.

Additional Information for the Huawei offer:

• The headphones are not delivered with your device; they will arrive separately after you have completed the claim form with Huawei

• Claims for the headphones cannot be made until the online portal opens on 20th April 2018

• The pre-order for the Huawei P20/P20 Pro must have been made by 5th April 2018

Do you have any questions? Tap 'Reply' below and we'll do our best to help.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: 

Can’t stop taking photos with your smartphone but fed up with getting dodgy results? Then you’re going to love the new Huawei P20!

Whether it’s Instagramming your payday blowout, taking gorgeous panoramic holiday shots or even just pulling duck faces in your bedroom, it’s never been easier to take professional quality photos with your camera phone.

With high-performance Leica-engineered lenses and some genius AI tech under the bonnet, you’ll get all the detail you need, even at long distances, without even trying. The Huawei P20 gives you premium smartphone features without the eye-watering price to match.

So what are you waiting for? Order now and get a whopping 24 months inclusive access to the BT Sport app and a six month subscription to Apple Music.

huawei_p20_community_980x980.jpg

852 REPLIES
by AndyMc67
Explorer

Re: Introducing the Huawei P20 | P20 Pro. A renaissance in photography.

I'm currently trying to add this new device as an additional line to my account but when I go through the purchase stage where it asks for the prorder price to be paid theres an error on the website reporting that securecardee is might be trying to steal your information, saying that there is an issue with the certificate and I'm unable to get any further. Has anyone else had this issue as I'd quite like to be able to add this device as soon as possible with there being a timeline on ordering the device and being able to recieve a pair of Bose headphones

Andy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndyMc67,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry you're having problems placing your order. Have you tried using a different web browser?

If you have and still have the same issue, please get in touch with customer services and a member of the team will be happy to process your order.

Thanks

James

by AndyMc67
Explorer

Hi James

I’ve tried it on multiple web browsers and different computers/mobiles and it still shows the same error, guess I’ll just give customer services a bell and see if they can order it on their end 

cheers mate 

by

Hi @AndyMc67,

Thanks for getting back to me. We've flagged the issue with the website team and they are looking into it now.

Customer services will be able to process your order without an issue.

Have a great bank holiday weekend. Smiley Happy

James

by Legend
Legend

The P20 pro looks great, especially the camera. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by

It does @Northerner, I'm due an upgrade and I'm very tempted.

James

by Andgiles Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Has anybody else noticed that the terms for loyal customers are the same as for new ones. Have pre-ordered the P20 pro BUT NO PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FOR A CUSTOMER OF 10 YEARS....E E motto, we don't care a jot about our existing customers!

by

Hi @Andgiles

I'm delighted to see that you have pre-ordered the Huawei P20, it looks like a fantastic piece of kit. 

Every customer is important to us. Smiley Happy

Make sure you get the most out of your new phone (when it arrives) by checking out the EE pay monthly benefits.

Let us know what you think of the phone when you get it.

Chris Smiley Happy

by TPRoberts Established Contributor
Established Contributor

you can claim a pair of premium Bose® QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones worth a whopping £329.95 – absolutely free!

How does that process work. I pre-ordered my P20 Pro Yesterday but there has been little information what happens regarding the Bose Headphones. Do they come with my phone? Or do I need to submit a claim after getting my phone?

by

Hi @TPRoberts

To claim the headphones, you will need to follow the steps below: 

1. Pre-order P20/P20 Pro from EE (PAYM contracts only, pre-order not available on PAYG) between 28/03 and 05/04
  2. You will receive a VAT receipt containing a contract start/purchase date and handset’s IMEI
  3. From 20/04,  you then go to Huawei’s promotion portal: www.huaweipromo.co.uk
  4. Then you register your details, email address and device IMEI to make a claim
  5. You will need to upload your scanned receipt, showing the IMEI and date purchase was completed
  6. Lastly  you confirm all your contact details including your address for postage

They will then organise to send out your Bose headphones.

Chris Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

Cheers I appreciate the detailed response. 

Established Contributor

The salesman said i'd get a text when i've picked up the phone next Friday....

Established Contributor

Hi. Can you please confirm exactly what paperwork i will need to make a claim for the free Bose headphones....

I popped into the store last Friday and pre-ordered the P20 pro. I have a receipt for £50 i paid (the upfront cost) but doesn't say what it relates to.

I presume i'll get ALL the proper paperwork when i pick up the phone tomorrow, particularly something that shows i pre-ordered/purchased a Huawei P20 pro ?!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Andgiles and welcome to the community.

The process is as follows (in shortened terms):

1. Customer preorders device between 28/03 and 05/04.
  2. The customer picks up the device on launch day and receives a receipt showing handset details etc.
  3. From the 20/04/2018 customer pops over to www.huaweipromo.co.uk
  4. The customer then registers details and scans a copy of the receipt.
  5. The claim then is validated and headphones are then dispatched.

Hope this helps,

Lee

Established Contributor

Actually this is what you need:

• Date of purchase
  • Place of purchase
  • Receipt number
  • IMEI Number
  • Copy of proof of pre order documentation
  • Proof of purchase
  • Personal details including UK delivery address for fulfilment of reward

This was from here:

https://huaweipromo.co.uk/gb/en/pages/p20bose/how-it-works

Established Contributor

@Lee_Hwrote:

Hi @Andgiles and welcome to the community.

The process is as follows (in shortened terms):

1. Customer preorders device between 28/03 and 05/04.
  2. The customer picks up the device on launch day and receives a receipt showing handset details etc.
  3. From the 20/04/2018 customer pops over to www.huaweipromo.co.uk
  4. The customer then registers details and scans a copy of the receipt.
  5. The claim then is validated and headphones are then dispatched.

Hope this helps,

Lee

Thanks Lee, but in light of the subsequent reply from TP Roberts and the link he's kindly provided can you confirm that the receipt i will (hopefully) get tomorrow when I pick up the phone on it's release date is all the documentation i need for the claim. I'm a bit worried that I have nothing for the pre-order other than the receipt of the £50 i received. As I hope you appreciate i don't want to submit a claim on the 20th only to find it's not approved....

by
EE Employee

Hi @Angilies

The receipt you will receive when you pick up the device and the £50 receipt is all you need.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

@Lee_Hwrote:

@Hi @Angilies

The receipt you will receive when you pick up the device and the £50 receipt is all you need.

Many thanks,

Lee

Thanks Lee. It would seem the store salesman has made a mistake as I've just had a text to say it's being delivered directly to me and not the store by DPD.....not impressed. Will still have to pop into the store to get everything set up, although presumably the phone will presumably come with the necessary paperwork and I can transfer over my existing sim. Thought I would get a new SIM but got another text earlier today to say I was now on a new 2 year contract for 60gig and my account confirms this.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Andgiles

I have sent you a private message to look into this further.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.