by LamMartland Investigator
Investigator

Huawei Mate20 Pro - Fingerprint Scanner

I'm having a lot of problems with the scanner failing to recognise my fingerprint and have read online that this is common problem with under-the-screen scanners - especially when a screen protector has been fitted to the phone.  

I wondered if others are encountering the same issue (where they've added a screen protector to the phone and now find that the scanner struggles to successfully read their fingerprint) and if there is any particualr make/kind of screen protector that works best with under-the-screen scanners?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Huawei Mate20 Pro - Fingerprint Scanner

Hi @LamMartland

Does your fingerprint reader work without the screen protector?

Chris

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If you have added a screen-protector after setting up your base fingerprint, then you need to perform the setup again.

anything that modifies the screen (protector, scratch, crack, etc) will change the image that the sensor reads, therefore requiring you to re-train your fingerprint.

by LamMartland Investigator
Investigator

Hi and thanks for your advice. However, my fingerprints were only added after the screen protector was fitted and I have also unsuccessfully tried deleting and readding them but this is a 'known issue' with this type of fingerprint scanner and isn't exclusive to the Huawei.

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's completely feasible as this is brand new technology, only seen in the 1+ 6T and the Mate20/Pro.

I doubt that any screen protectors will be made that are compatible with this technology for a few months. They'd need to be thinner and fingerprint-proof in order to best serve the scanner.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions