by Adamosity Investigator
Investigator

Huawei Mate 20 pro update?

Hello, 

I pre ordered my Huawie Mate 20 Pro and received it last weekend .

The firmware on my phone is 9.0.0.108 .

The most recent release is 9.0.0.122 which contains security patches, face ID improvements as people can currently unlock your phone due to an error and also this update has the video AI effects which you advertise on the TV. I have friends who had this update when they loaded their phone up last weekend and some received the update during the week. On EE we are yet to see this update. Can I ask why? This means the phone is missing features and there's no small print to say this will be added after release with updates (all other carries have released the update) 

This is to the point where Huawei have said we are within our rights to cancel the contract and return th device. 

That's happening ?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Huawei Mate 20 pro update?

@Adamosity  once Huawei create the update for EE and EE is happy with that update then EE will push it out. And your contract is with EE not Huawei so if you wish to cancel you might have to pay off the remainder of the contract.   Just to add your contract with EE does not include updates the moment it’s available on other networks.   Your device will inform you when a update is available. 

Investigator

According to Huawei the phone launched with the update that EE haven't released yet.

This means the phone currently doesnt have all of the features advertised on release .

The video effects is the main reason a lot of people went for this phone. I on the other hand am happy with the device however when you don't have all of the features you want then it's fairly annoying. 

by mitchec1 Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B

The Mate 20 Pro has one firmware, once the sim is entered in to the carrier setting downloads (12 mb)

My phone was unlocked within a day of receiving it. A Vodafone sim fitted gets the update, pause the update and refit the  ee sim.

Update downloads and works flawlessly. 

My firmware is the same as all LA09 phones round the world, the only difference is carrier settings. 

. 122 works flawlessly on EE why it doesn't recognise the update isn't down to compatability. 

by mitchec1 Investigator
Investigator

@Adamosity have you checked today people on networks including sim free with an EE sim have reported getting the update 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

My phone from EE has just had the update to version 122.

It was about a 450mb download and adds some filters etc to videos, and the October google updates.

Investigator

Yeah i got the update this morning haha 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions