by elpresidente Investigator
Investigator

Huawei Mate 20 Pro no wifi-calling

Hi

It's pretty difficult to find exactly what phones do and don't support Wi-Fi calling on EE - the page which lists them is clearly out of date, going by responses on these forums.

I've just bought a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and enabled wifi calling but it's not working. A Galaxy S7 Edge on EE connecting through the same wifi access point works just fine.

I've read elsewhere about updates killing wifi calling on other Huawei devices. Has this happened with the Mate 20 Pro?

I need wifi calling as I have no signal where I live. If it doesn't work I'll have to return the phone.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro no wifi-calling

Hi @elpresidente,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with WiFi Calling.

Did you purchase your phone from EE?

Thanks

James

by Spursfan91
Explorer

Hi I've got the same issue with my Huawei p10, except mines worked here for a year and only in the last month has it vanished. 

It no longer displays in the top left that it's on even though WiFi calling is definitely on and WiFi definitely works. 

Help 🙂 

by Spursfan91
Explorer

Hi,

It's really hard to tell. It's hard to tell. I've tried calling in my flat (which has no service) and should connect via Wifi calling not go through. But then on airplane mode yesterday I did manage to make a call on wifi. So it seems to sporadically work. But there's never any icon like it used to display top left 'wifi calling'.

Re software update, I don't actually know. It took me a few days of looking at my phone and just thinking something was 'missing' until I worked it out. Now I don't remember what sparked it.

Thanks
by

Hi @Spursfan91

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Does it seem to be since you had a software update?

Are you actually having problems with calls connecting or is it just that the icon isn't showing at the top of the screen.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

I bought my phone from Fonehouse. It turns out the SIM hasn't been activated (or not activated properly) - I can use the network but I've had no welcome SMS or anything, and my number isn't recognised by EE.

It seems there is a massive queue for activations at Fonehouse so I'm trying to get them to activate it.

Of course, if EE actually offered some sort of decent deal at a price less than the standard cost for an upgrade Mate 20 Pro, I would have gone direct. But it seems loyal customers aren't given any upgrade discount.

I tested another EE sim (third party but definitely registered) in my phone and Wifi Calling works just fine.

by

Thanks for the update, @elpresidente.

Please let us know how you get on once Fonehouse are able to register the SIM for you.

Chris

Investigator

Thanks Chris. It seems 'there was an error at EE's end' and two connections failed with 'file not found' on EE's system - one of which was mine.

Apparently it will all be sorted by Monday, but this is really frustrating!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.