by rhyho
Visitor

Huawei Mate 20 Pro EMUI 10 Update

I know that Huawei has sent out an update for EE to test before sending out (stated by Huawei UK). Is there any ETA on how long this update will be.

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro EMUI 10 Update

Hi @rhyho,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, I'm not able to give you a date for when Huawei will roll out EMUI 10 to your phone. Huawei should be able to advise you on when they are planning to release the update.

Thanks

James

by ARykala Established Contributor
Established Contributor

James

The OP said that the update HAS BEEN released.

by

Hi @ARykala,

Huawei haven't released the update for the OP's particular device yet.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

He said

"I know that Huawei has sent out an update for EE to test before sending out (stated by Huawei UK). Is there any ETA on how long this update will be."

So which devices have had it?

Established Contributor

Basically

Can EE be a bit more proactive in informing us on important updates like this? It's simply not acceptable to basically say "it'll be ready when it's ready" especially in the light of recent security threats.

What is stopping EE having a section listing current software versions in place, versions under test and ETA?

I nearly went SIM free this time. Things like this remind me why I should have

by

Hi @ARykala,  

We'd love to be able to give you an estimate of when new updates will be available, but as EE doesn't develop or roll out software/security updates, we aren't able to advise you on when a particular manufacturer will send an update to your device.  

EE are only involved in the testing process when a manufacturer chooses to make a separate software build for EE customers. After testing is completed, it's up to the manufacturer to make any necessary changes before rolling it out.

You can find out more about this process in How EE works to test smartphone software updates

Thanks  

James  

Highlighted
Established Contributor

And if you'd actually read my message you'd note I said

"Can EE be a bit more proactive in informing us on important updates like this? It's simply not acceptable to basically say "it'll be ready when it's ready" especially in the light of recent security threats.

What is stopping EE having a section listing current software versions in place, versions under test and ETA?"

So why can't EE tell us when they're testing a new update, and tell us the date they've passed on the relevant changes.

I understand well how the process works

by twisted89 Investigator
Investigator

Second this. 

Huawei have already released the update across Europe so surely you have access to this already?

If you do then is it under testing? If not then why not? 

Huawei also state they release monthly security updates (see here https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/) yet I'm currently stuck on the September security update?? 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.