by Hidethepain Investigator
Investigator

How to save mobile data ? I'm using android and would like to maximize data savi

It seems smartphones are very hungry for data , I currently use opera mini on extreme savings mode . In addition to this I also utilise my Moto phones data saver function which blocks apps from using data in the background . It seems to help a lot but is there any other possible means of maximising savings ?

Whenever I use my Nokia 8110 , 1 GB can last forever . It seems candy bar phones are the best for data savings but in this day and age a smart phone is better.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to save mobile data ? I'm using android and would like to maximize data

1. Only allow Software Updates over WiFi. (This may be where the Nokia is winning by not having many updates.)
  2. By Restricting background data on older Androids or having Data Saver ON on newer 1s.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How to save mobile data ? I'm using android and would like to maximize data

Hi @Hidethepain

Welcome to the community. 🙂

You may be able to check which apps are using the most amount of data and manage it that way too:

Tap Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile data (may vary slightly depending on manufacturer).

Scroll down and your apps will be listed in order of how much data they have used with the figure in GB, MB or KB next to it.

The data shown here is an estimate and may vary slightly to your overall usage in your My EE account.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.