by Ann62 Contributor
Contributor

How much data would I need on my fone to stream a 2.5hr film from Netflix please

How much data is needed to stream A 2.5hr film from Netflix. My ISP is down so I have no WiFi indoors do need to use my mobile for now, and I only have about 500MB left in my data plan

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How much data would I need on my fone to stream a 2.5hr film from Netflix pl

@Ann62   Have a look at THIS as it will depend on the definition of what your streaming.  

5 REPLIES 5
by Ann62 Contributor
Contributor

Portsmouth

How much data is needed to stream A 2.5hr film from Netflix. My ISP is down so I have no WiFi indoors do need to use my mobile for now, and I only have about 500MB left in my data plan

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How much data would I need on my fone to stream a 2.5hr film from Netflix pl

@Ann62   Have a look at THIS as it will depend on the definition of what your streaming.  

by Ann62 Contributor
Contributor

Thank you this made things a bit clearer for me. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Portsmouth

Hi, 

It depends on what the movie quality as 4k will be massive. Either way 500mb probably isn't enough.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Portsmouth

Hi @Ann62

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Streaming HD video generally uses approximately 4-6MB per minute.

So approximately 600-900MB for a 2.5hr HD movie.

If you're able to change the settings in Netflix to SD (Standard definition) it would approximately half the usage.

Find out more about how you're using your data on EE >

Hope this helps.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.