by GuitarChap
Explorer

How do you activate an EE SIM card in Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?

Hello, 

I recently purchased an unlocked  Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with the intention of using it on your (EE's) network as a pay-as-you-go data only tariff.

I am struggling to find how to activate the SIM on the Samsung device as it doesn't seem to detect it after rebooting the Tablet following inserting the SIM into the tiny SIM card drawer.

Has anyone got some information on how the SIM card is detected?

Is there an EE app that I need to download that will detect and allow me to register the SIM card and add credit to it etc?

Thank you

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
by GuitarChap
Explorer

How do you activate an EE SIM card in Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?

Hello, 

I recently purchased an unlocked  Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with the intention of using it on your (EE's) network as a pay-as-you-go data only tariff.

I am struggling to find how to activate the SIM on the Samsung device as it doesn't seem to detect it after rebooting the Tablet following inserting the SIM into the tiny SIM card drawer.

Has anyone got some information on how the SIM card is detected etc?

Thank you

Andy 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do you activate an EE SIM card in Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?

PAYG SIMs are auto activated as long as you are in UK. Are you sure the device is unlocked?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How do you activate an EE SIM card in Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?

Hi there @GuitarChap

Thanks for posting on the community.

As @XRaySpeX has advised our Pay as you go SIM cards are already active for you when in the UK.

Do you have any service showing on the Samsung device?

Is the SIM inserted into the SIM tray with the gold contacts facing up?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.