by normapetrie2346 Investigator
Investigator

How do I stop from being charged for 08 numbers?

How do I stop being charged for 08 numbers? 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I stop from being charged for 08 numbers?

@normapetrie2346   Depending on the next digit it could be a chargeable call or a none chargeable call.     O800 are none chargeable but 084 and 087 are chargeable.    You’ll not be charged if it’s a none chargeable number so I would say your calling a chargeable number and the only way not to be charged is not to call that number.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Buy the 084, 087 numbers add-on for £6 pm.

When you do call them you can look up the cost in Service charge costs for calls beginning 08 & 09 .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Don't call them is my advice. There's usually an alternative if you look around the net a bit. If I can avoid using a company that uses a premium rate number I will, they won't get any money from me.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you search web for "saynoto0870" you can then put in the 08 number (doesn't have to be 0870) and see if an alternative number beginning with 01/02/03 comes up for you. 

Most companies that use an 08 number have an alternative standard dial so that people not living in the UK can call the international +44 number

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.