by JohnB47 Investigator
Investigator

How can I get voicemail set up?

Hi. I have a HUAWEI Y550-L01 and my wife has a Nokia Lumia 635. Both are EE PAYG mobiles. Neither of us can get voicemail set up.

In my case, I go to Phone/Settings/Call Forwarding/ Forward when unanswered. I enter +447953222222 then Enable. I get a message "Unexpected response from network". I then try again, entering 07953222222, with the same result.

My wife goes through roughly the same process and gets a different rejection message.

I'm presuming, having read various help sites, including EE, that setting up Voicemail is a process of setting divert to a common number (see above), then enabling/disabling it as required.

What are we doing wrong? Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: How can I get voicemail set up?

Hello @JohnB47 you can text the codes VM ON or VOICEMAIL DIVERT to 150 to turn your voicemail service on and the codes VM OFF OR VOICEMAIL DIVERT OFF to turn it off.

If you have not used voicemail before or it has been a long time since you last used it then when you have received the confirmation message back call your voicemail service on 222 to listen to the welcome message then restart your phone. 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Text VM ON to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JohnB47 Investigator
Investigator

Hmmmm. Do you mean that will set it up, or will turn it on, once it's set up? Surely different things?

Any chance you could expand? Thanks.

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @JohnB47 you can text the codes VM ON or VOICEMAIL DIVERT to 150 to turn your voicemail service on and the codes VM OFF OR VOICEMAIL DIVERT OFF to turn it off.

If you have not used voicemail before or it has been a long time since you last used it then when you have received the confirmation message back call your voicemail service on 222 to listen to the welcome message then restart your phone. 🙂

by JohnB47 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you. We'll give that a go. Just one more thing before we do - how do we set the conditions for voicemail? eg, divert to voicemail when unanswered? Is that done within the phone settings somehow? (I can see how I would do that in my phone but not on my wifes).

Thanks again.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @JohnB47 which diverts do you want to change?

To forward all calls to voicemail:

Dial **21*07953222222# then press call.

Dial *#21# then press call to check the status. 

Dial ##21# then press call to turn it off.

To change the amount of time before the call is diverted:

Dial  **61*07953222222**20# then press call.

Dial *#61# then press call to check the current time set.

You can change the 20 to any multiple of 5 up to 30seconds 5/10/15/20/25/30

Changing conditional diverts is limited on PAYG and most other codes do not work.

You can only divert to the voicemail number 07953222222 on PAYG, if you enter another number the call will fail when someone tries to call you instead of diverting. 🙂

by JohnB47 Investigator
Investigator

OK, we've got that working. 

Why don't the EE Help pages explain this? They seem to assume that you've already set voicemail up, then they explain things.

One more question - how much does it cost to check for messages (dialling 222)?

Thanks for the help.

by JohnB47 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Tom222. Your post came in as I was typing my last one. Ta for that extra info.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @JohnB47 calls to voicemail are included in any pack or add on minutes allowances you have. If you do not have any then calls are charged at standard rates 30p/min:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/ee-pay-as-you-go-price-plans

🙂

by
EE Employee

by JohnB47 Investigator
Investigator

Wonderful. Thanks Tom222.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @JohnB47 come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.