by MamaSmurf Investigator
Investigator

How can I delete apps from Samsung J3? No uninstall tab available.

I want to delete pre-installed apps to increase storage capacity, mainly Microsoft and Facebook/messenger. There is no uninstall tab available, just force stop or disable. I’ve tried doing both multiple times with FB but it keeps coming back generating data and cache.  I can’t move any apps to the SD card either to release storage space.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I delete apps from Samsung J3? No uninstall tab available.

Hi @MamaSmurf

Some apps are installed by Samsung or EE and cannot be removed via the normal install process. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Thanks for replying and I knew that already.  My understanding from a call I made to an EE rep was that I could delete some of the apps, and he told me which ones, but there's no uninstall table available - and it says in the EE on-line guidance that there is.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MamaSmurf,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please see SAMSUNG GALAXY J3 - UNINSTALL AN APP to see how to uninstall an app.

If you don't see the uninstall option for a particular app, it means that app can't be uninstalled.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

Investigator

Thanks.  I've only got a force stop option on all the apps and even though I've done that constantly with FB and messenger for example, it still keeps on caching and takes up storage space.

by

No problem @MamaSmurf

James

Investigator

Anyone got any ideas yet?  Still struggling to get rid of the apps I don't want.  I've practically maxed out storage space on the phone (even though I've got an SD card which was supposed to sovle the problem according to the guy in the EE shop )  How I wish I'd stayed with the iphone!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you an app you installed yourself? Look at that & it will have an Uninstall option.

The others that don't have an Uninstall option cannot be uninstalled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Good Evening @MamaSmurf. 🙂

Can you please try follow these steps on the Samsung website. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Katie

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Some apps are not able to be uninstalled as already stated.

You can disable them which will stop them updating and caching.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@MamaSmurf

Just to clarify a little more:

Apps installed on the phone by the manufacturer are sometimes classed as "system apps" within Android. A standard user cannot uninstall them, much like you wouldn't be able to uninstall programs on Windows without being an Administrator.

{{I'm not sure if I am allowed to mention this here, so please remove this (moderator) if it is innappropriate:}}

The only ways to uninstall these "bloatware apps" is to "root" your phone, therefore unlocking "administrator" privileges, which would then allow you to uninstall these apps with the help of a custom recovery or certain apps like "Titanium backup".

Rooting your phone can be a hassle and can cause some serious issues. Notably, rooting your phone will void any warranty or guarantee you have and can also cause bricking of the phone, rendering it unusable.

I would highly discourage anyone who doesn't know what they are doing to try rooting their phone.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.