by footballcaveman Investigator
Investigator

Hotspot not working with Skoda columbus infotainment system

Hello all,

I've just bought a Skoda Octavia which has the Columbus infotainment system that's fitted in VWs too.  When I set the WLAN settings to connect to my Android phone (Xperia XZ2) the Skoda connect services are unable to access the internet.  If I connect the car to my home WiFi the services all work fine.

In terms of the Android device, if I connect my tablet to the hotspot on my phone it works fine.  

Has anyone else experienced this problem and know of a solution?  

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hotspot not working with Skoda columbus infotainment system

Hi @footballcaveman

When you first connected your phone did you see any "needs access to" pop ups on your phone? It might be worth forgetting your device and connecting fresh as you might have missed one.

Also make sure your car Columbus system is running the most updated firmware.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@footballcaveman  It might be worth asking Skoda about this as clearly your device is working correctly with other devices.   

Investigator

Hi @Northerner

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'm connecting to the device as a portable hotspot so only inputting the WPA2_PSK details in the same way as I would for other devices.  I don't get prompted for any other permissions when I connect devices.

Unless I'm being dim, there isn't anything to forget?

I've also tried deleting and recreating my hotspot, that doesn't work.  The car won't connect to it if I remove security, so it's not that.  Just seems to be something particular to either Android or EE

Investigator

@Chris_B thanks for coming back so quickly.

I will call them tomorrow, but the experience I'm having points towards either EE or Android.  It works absolutely fine if I connect it to my home wifi.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions