by NicolaC76 Contributor
Contributor

Help please phonemail S6 stopped receiving texts or calls?

Please help Samsung S6 stopped receiving calls or texts today not sure had phone nearly a year and been with EE for years. Any help appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Help please phonemail S6 stopped receiving texts or calls?

Hi, 

• Are you pay monthly or PAYG?
  • Did you obtain the phone from EE? 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by NicolaC76 Contributor
Contributor

My phone S6 has stopped receiving texts or calls any help appreciated

My phone has stopped receiving texts and calls today it's a Samsung S6 had it about a year and been  with EE for years.  Any help appreciated.

by NicolaC76 Contributor
Contributor

I am a pay monthly customer and upgraded phone last year via EE collected from local store.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

• Have you checked your local network for issues here.
  • Try restarting the phone
  • If you are on wifi can you connect to EE VOWIFI service? 

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by NicolaC76 Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

It can't be a local issue as partners phone and neighbours both EE working fine.

I have tried restarting and turning on and off loads of times.

It is connected toy WIFI at home fine I don't know what the other WiFi is sorry. 

Two things happened this afternoon  firstly it ran out of charge and then it needed to update some Apps and there wasn't enough storage I got enough and it said they had updated. But it appears since approximately that time it hadn't worked properly.

Any ideas I am expecting a very important call early tomorrow and I am very worried. 

by NicolaC76 Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Also noticed that if I make a call some texts are received whilst I am on phone but they are blocked again when phone not in use.  Calls all going to voicemail.

by NicolaC76 Contributor
Contributor

Also noticed that when I phone it comes up on partners phone as 'HD incoming call' not just 'incoming call'.

Please help someone 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

If your partner is on EE can you try your sim in their phone. 

If it works normally try their sim in your phone. If this doesn't work then try factory resetting your phone. 

As for wifi calling if you obtained your phone from EE you should have this service on your phone. More info can be found here.

Thanks,

by NicolaC76 Contributor
Contributor

We can't swap Sims as they don't fit in each others phones.

I am loath to do a factory reset as I don't want to lose messages or data on apps and games.

If I switch to 3G only phone is working receiving texts ans calls, something has gone wrong with update and calls showing as HD which didn't happen before. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

You could try clearing your cache in recovery. If you have recently upgraded then this will remove and old system files which might be causing problems. 

Turn off your phone and Press the VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER buttons all the same time and HOLD THEM DOWN. Release the buttons when the ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY screen appears. using the VOLUME DOWN / UP buttons to navigate, select WIPE CACHE.

See if this helps. 

Thanks

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.