by nickjones31 Investigator
Investigator

HTC One M9 Android 7.0

I got the Nougat update a few weeks ago, and my phone is now full of bugs. My biggest issue is that sometimes my mobile data completely stops working - chrome comes up with the error dns_probe_finished_nxdomain (which I've tried to fix using the steps that google suggests), but my whatsapp , facebook etc. don't connect to the internet either. I've had an HTC One on EE for nearly 4 years and have never had this issue until I got the Nougat update, has anyone else had/been able to fix similar problems? 

I'm on Software number 4.19.61.1 (which according to the US HTC website is quite an old version) but my phone says that no updates are available.

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Employee

Re: HTC One M9 Android 7.0

Welcome to the Community @nickjones31

I see you've already done some troubleshooting - was a factory reset one of the steps you tried?

I've had a look and it does look like you're on a older software version.

Was your phone directly from EE or an indirect device?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

I've wiped the cache partition within recovery mode, I'd like to leave a factory reset as a last resort solution. 

My phone is on a monthly contract direct from EE.

Is there a newer software update for the M9?

by
EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @nickjones31

The latest version that was released was 4.27.401.3

You can download the latest updates on the HTC website.

The issues you're having I would definitely suggest backing up your device and doing a full reset.

Let us know how you get on.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I am also having issues @nickjones31.

I am not sure whether problems started after the upgrase to android 7.0 or from when I received and inputted an unlock code from EE.

The problems I get - some apps, mostly google apps like GMail or Playstore won't load, they just hang like there is no internet data to load them, but other apps work just fine. Also all apps lost their permission settings, some lose the settings when I turn off or restart the phone.

I am also on the same software number, how come the software can't be updated over the air rather than through a computer via USB @Karen_C?

I'll give the software update a go before the last resort of a foctory reset, which is always a pain!

Investigator

@tommy_l The app permissions problem is one that I'm also having - sometimes in order to get my mobile data working again, I've reset the phone, which wipes all of my app permissions.

@Karen_C I tried following the steps as suggested by HTC. I downloaded the newest software version provided in the link and connected my phone to my PC, but the software told me that there was no newer version for my phone.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@nickjones31, did you try a factory reset?

This is a last resort for me at the moment as I have to call my bank to get them to reset my banking app, plus the time required to download all the apps and set everything back up, massive hassle!

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @nickjones31 & tommy_l

It might be worth having a chat with HTC Support before doing any resets.

It could be an issue they're aware of.

@Nickjones 31 did you try a full factory reset?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Karen_C@nickjones31, had a chat with HTC support, advised me to put my phone into safe mode for a couple of hours and try some of the apps whilst in safe mode. Otherwise a factory reset was their only solution.

After rebooting from safe mode back to normal mode, my phone seems to be behaving up to now, will post again if the issues re-occur

by
EE Employee

Thanks for the update @tommy_l

Fingers crossed it stays this way!

If it does start playing up again - it'll be a process of elimination to figure out what app/content is causing the issue.

Pop back at anytime - it's good to have you around the community.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.