by Taffytim Investigator
Investigator

Google pictures stole my data. Will ee honour it?

I made some videos of my 1 year old daughter playing with her cousins dog.  Also the phone recorded 4 , 30 min videos of nothing.  

Google then uploaded these to Google pictures in data mode. 3gb later and I've hit my 5gb data ceiling for the first time. 

Ive since changed the setting so i only back up over wifi but I've a week to go with no data. 

Will ee honour this error and give me some data back?   

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Google pictures stole my data. Will ee honour it?

Hi, 

How is it EE error you not setting Google pictures to wifi only? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Taffytim Investigator
Investigator

Ok you sound s little aggressive.  I haven't said it was ees error.  That said I don't remember asking for my videos to be be backed up by data.  Maybe i did set this up in error.  

I stream a lot of  music and I'm always careful of my data allowence and always get wifi. Ive not reached my limit before and normally only use 50% of it. 

Does ee go easy on situations like this and honour data as a good will gesture? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Not aggressive, simply asking an obvious question. 

You should speak to CS on 150 and explain the situation to them,  maybe they will as a one off gesture allow you some free data, or maybe not. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Taffytim Investigator
Investigator

Ok thanks for the number. I appreciate it. 

Has anyone else experienced any good will gesture such as this from ee?

I was looking at the times when they sent me my warning text and data expiry text and they were within 30 mins of each other yesterday lunch time.   The files were on my phone all night and my phone was plugged in charging at home where i have wifi for over 12hrs.  I can't see why they didn't back up through the night rather than when i was at work and not signed into my work wifi (we have you sign in with our password on a daily basis).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Taffytim   Sorry to say but it has nothing to do with EE on how you use your data allowance even if you didn’t setup the settings so it only works on wifi. Google didn’t take anything as this is how it was as setup.  Think of it as a learning experience and any other apps/settings that can use data need to be set to your liking. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Taffytim

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

I know @Northerner and @Chris_B have supported you with this already.

It may be worth a chat with customer services and I can't say either way whether the outcome will be what you are looking for, as I certainly don't want to set false hope or expectations for you.

Hopefully moving forward, now you have corrected the settings, this will not happen again.

Either way, whatever the outcome, please come back and share it with community.

Richard

🙂

by Taffytim Investigator
Investigator

Thanks all, 

I took it as a learning experience in the end and didnt call cs but it is frustrating to why these files didnt upload over my wifi.

My refresh date is on the 29th so only 1 day left to lick my wounds.

Thanks again for all taking to the time to help

by
EE Community Support Team

pic spot prize.png

Hi @Taffytim

Because I loved the help you given pointing other users to change settings to WiFi it may hep others in future, so I’d love to treat you to dinner on us.

I’m going to send you a private message – please reply to that message with your address details so that I can pop a restaurant voucher in the post.

Keep up the great work – it’s the people here who make this community a great place to be – and enjoy your meal out!

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.