by CheyenneB Investigator
Investigator

Google maps un-respinsive / laggy on Huawei P20 pro

Recently got a Huawei P20 pro whicj I love to bits. However Google maps seems to ne very laggy and most times un-responssive. Seems to be a common issue according to XDA forum. Will there be any updayes for this?

I've tried to un- install updates, forcevstop the app and restart but no joy

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Google maps un-respinsive / laggy on Huawei P20 pro

Hi @CheyenneB

Have you asked Huawei support? Ee don't manufacture the phones. 

As you have already checked XDA you will know this issue is for the manufacture to fix with the firmware.

This seems to be a common issue if you search google

Thanks,  

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Due to the wealth of support seen in the pre order thread i'm sure an EE rep will answer your question and provide information on the firmware update for this EE supplied phone.

EE was in contact with Huawei yesterday so i'm sure they will contact them again and ask for an update on the firmware or if this is an EE delay they will contact an in house team for information.

Seems fair enough for you.

Investigator

Thanks for the update and shall eagerly wait for the firmware/ software update

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Fingers crossed you'll get some info on the status of this update soon from EE, i'm sure they've contacted Huawei and asked them.

I know for me Maps not working would be a major issue and thinking about it it could affect peoples business if they're like an Uber or deliveroo driver.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's all supposition! How can you be 3 x sure about what EE will do?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If you was in contact with your supplier and knew of another issue that needed to be addressed wouldn't you bring it up for them and seek to get a better answer for your customer?

If yes, then it seems fair to expect any other customer service representative to do the same.

If not why not and why chose this level of customer service?

Also i choose to hope for the good in people and a service. I hope you do to and offer support in getting a concise answer for this customer rather than question someone else who is trying to by highlighting what more could and I hope be done.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bellyman @CheyenneB   Perhaps contacting the app developer will be the best course of action seeing as EE didn’t design or maintain the app.  If your experiencing data issues with other get apps then perhaps it could be the EE connection but you’re only pointing out Google maps.  

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I don't have a P20 but saw a day one review of this device and the Google Maps issue was highlighted in that.  It seems its affecting many users on many networks and carrier specific firmwares.  It seems to be a Huawei issue that they will fix via an update which should be quickly passed on... if not why not but it wouldn't hurt someone in EE contacting Huawei to ask, would it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As you will see by the post I made above if you search Google this is a well documented issue so something I'm sure Huawei know about and will be addressing on their new handset, 

As this only seems to impact Huawei and works on other android devices then this is (like many issues with this manufacturer) related to the chip set. As I also mentioned the best course of action would be to contact Huawei CS  

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by mja089 Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has had a software update for their EE p20 Pro yet? I've looked online and there are definitely later firmware versions, but they don't seem to have been rolled out from EE yet.

I'm currently on .103 and there seem to be a LOT of bugs in the software. Is there anyway to force an update or manually download it? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mja089 Updates come to the device via EE any other update for the device is not a carrier update so you can not force install an update unless you flash the device with a none carrier firmware. 

Investigator

Thanks works fine now
Investigator

It works fine now 🐱

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @CheyenneB

Have a lovely day 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.