by HeatherBSkinner Investigator
Investigator

Google maps failing on tablet in particular place

On my Samsung Galazy Note 8 tablet Google Maps stops working when I get to a particular place around Brentford/Richmond.

The screen freezes. Parts of screen go black and others parts become parallel pink lines.

This happens repeatedly but only in this area of the map!!

When searching map in other areas everything seems fine.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Google maps failing on tablet in particular place

Hi,

Google maps uses data so maybe you have lost/lose connection to the network in that area?

Some local interference?

It could be one of a hundreds of possibilities. It maybe worth asking Samsung support.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HeatherBSkinner

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I know you have been given great help from @Northerner on this.

If there is a particular post code, you can use our  status checker to see if there are any potential problems signal wise in that area.

Hope this helps as well.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Thanks Northerner

I may have just had a breakthough as I went into setting on google maps and edited my maps history taking out all the recent visits from when the problem started.

I think and hope that it's OK now.

It all went wrong just as I was walking past the Sky buidling in Brentford so maybe that spooked it!

Regards

Investigator

Thanks Richard

I may have just had a breakthough as I went into Settings on google maps and edited my Maps History taking out all the recent visits from when the problem started yesterday afternoon.

I think and hope that it's OK now.

It all went wrong just as I was walking past the Sky building in Brentford so maybe that spooked it!

Also it had been raining so I had wondered whether I'd done something to the hardware. But everything else was working fine and it was only a few drops that landed on the screen so hopefully not.

Regards

Regards

by
EE Community Support Team

pic spot prize.png

Hi @HeatherBSkinner

Because I loved the great answer you gave today, I’d love to treat you to dinner on us.

I’m going to send you a private message – please reply to that message with your address details so that I can pop a restaurant voucher in the post.

Keep up the great work – it’s the people here who make this community a great place to be – and enjoy your meal out!

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.