by Raphael1 Contributor
Contributor

Google Pixel visual voicemail

Does EE support visual voicemail on the Google Pixel phones? If not will EE be doing so in the future?

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Google Pixel visual voicemail

No, only on iPhones.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

There are various threads similar to this on the O2 forums too.   Someone on there posted a comment stating that O2 probably had a commercial agreement with Apple to prevent the service from being rolled out to Android customers.

After reading that I decided to report EE, Apple and O2 to Ofcom, the CMA and the EU because I think this is completely out of order.   The CMA and Ofcom didn't respond but the EU did.   They've kept my complaint on file but aren't going to act on it.

This is the one thing that seriously ***** me off about EE.   There is no reason not to roll out the service to Android customers.   Apple aren't who they once were.   Why can't Android users use the service as well?

http://www.uvarvu.com/misc/eu_response.pdf

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

After reading the letter they aren't going to act on it as they state it's not breaking any rules.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No breaking of EU rules/laws there then!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Nope but it doesn't stop their pratices from being scummy.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It is odd that EE don't/won't support "newer" technologies like Visual Voicemail, RCS etc.

It's unlikely there's a technical reason. Being optimistic, I would like to think EE looks at innovation and decides if the expenditure is worth it.

However, the quiet stagnation of the EE network over the last year or so , coupled with increasing bureaucracy,  gives me the niggling doubt that they are just unresponsive to change.

by Raphael1 Contributor
Contributor

Well that's disappointing! As it's available on Google Pixel phones in the USA on Verizon.

So it appears that visual voicemail that can be enabled on Pixel and some other Android phones has been snuffed out by some agreement between Apple and UK carriers (such as EE, 02 etc to restrict a feature that should be available to Android users.

I would be keen to know what EE's official position is on this matter?

by edhammond82 Contributor
Contributor

Anyone thought about tweeting Marc Allera about it?

Established Contributor

I have multiple times but my tweets have fallen on deaf ears.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.