by yatesy2380 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Google Pixel (Volume lowering itself and random resets)

Hello,

I was running with my phone today and it's the first time I've used headphones on my phone. The volume of my music was constantly decreasing until the phone muted. I tried turning it up but it was going back down at the same time. The buttons are fine as in the volume down is not pressed in and nothing was pressing it when it was going down. This has been a common problem on the Pixel on the official google forums.

I unplugged my headphones and it was still doing it, which was weird. Also my phone has restarted randomly 3 times in the past 2 days. Just wondering if anyone else is having random restarts or their volume turning down by itself.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Google Pixel (Volume lowering itself and random resets)

Hi, 

I was going to suggest the headphones as I have encountered a similar issue after a few months gym use,  but you seem to have ruled them out. 

You say it's a common problem on the Google forums, was there any solutions given? If your phone is randomly restarting then I would suggest you try factory resetting and if it still happens then contact Google as per the phone warranty. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by yatesy2380 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I only ruled the headphones out because it did it when I unplugged them. There were no solutions, just put it in safe mode and see if it happens as an application may be causing the volume and crashes. I'm just going to see how it goes, it might just be a random blip and it might be fine from now on. 

I'll message back in here in a few days time or when it happens again. 

Cheers.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @yatesy2380

Thanks for coming to see us in community 🙂

I know you have been given support from @Northerner already on this.

Fingers crossed that this will all be fine from now on.

Please do come and see us again if it continues and we can try and offer some further help.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.