by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

Go Further

Hi

I am looking for advice on the Go Further 6 month plan.

You will have to excuse me but I'm in my sixties and technology does not go well with me.

I will be going to Australia next February and I have booked a lot of transport pick up services and they are asking for a phone number to contact me. I am on the essential plan right now and having looked this morning it seems the Go Further 6 month plan would be best for me.

Look forward to any advice on this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Go Further

The Max Plan is not for everyone and some will benefit from the extras and some will not @LynbarSmiley Happy

Please bare in mind, receiving text messages from any number (UK or international) are free, regardless if you are roaming or not. So if an Australian number does text you, you will not be charged for these (even if you don't have the Go Further add-on) but it will cost you to reply unless you do have the Go Further add-on. Smiley Happy

15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lynbar

All the information you need on this add in can be found on EE go further information page.

There are restrictions, how long are you planning on staying? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

Many Thanks for your reply Northerner. We are going for 5 weeks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Lynbar.

Sounds like some trip, I'm jealous. 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions. Otherwise, have a brilliant time. 😄 

Chris

by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

Is this option Go Further right for me??????

most of the transfer companies are asking for a phone number so they can contact us when we land at each Airport. I am worried that when I turn my phone on it will not work and we will miss the text from them.

by

The Go Further add-on allows you to use your normal calls, texts and data when roaming in an applicable country (Australia being one of them), @Lynbar.

Are you on a SIM only contract or a phone contract?

As long as you make sure your phone is set up for roaming, you should be able to receive the calls from the transport companies.

You can check this on your My EE account under Manage Device or by texting ROAMING to 150.

Chris

by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

I'm on an Essential Plan 500MB Monthly Plan.

by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

I text ROAMING to 150 and it says I'm already set up to use abroad.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Lynbar

Thank you for taking the time to post today. Smiley Happy

As others have advised, the Go Further add-on is an option as this would allow you to use your UK allowance of minutes, text messages and data while roaming in Australia, but this does come at a cost of £10 a month and you'll need to have this on your account for a minimum of six months (£60 total). Smiley Frustrated

Depending on when your contracts minimum term ends, it might be a better option for you to transfer your plan to a Max Plan and you'd get some benefits, for example; you might get a bigger data allowance, you can use your plans allowances while roaming in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA and Mexico, fastest speeds while in the UK and access to BT Sport. - The reason I say depends on when your minimum term ends as if you have to pay £10 a month for six months, it might be better to spend the extra on a new plan but get the Go Further and a few extras for roughly the same price. Smiley Happy

by

You could enquire about changing to a Max plan which includes the 5 extra countries, @Lynbar.

You would most likely get a higher data allowance, but the price increase would be for the remainder of the contract.

I recommend speaking to our customer service team who will be able to run through the options and find the best value option for you.

Let us know what happens. 🙂

Chris

by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for all your help, I think I will go for the GO FURTHER option because I do not use the data much on my phone. 

by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for all your help, I think I will go for the GO FURTHER option because I do not use the data much on my phone.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

That's completly up to you @LynbarSmiley Happy

Do remember, you may end up using more than you normally would while roaming as you may not have access to WiFi as much as you would while you are in the UK, but for this, there are data add-ons availble which can be applied while roaming. Smiley Happy

I hope you have a nice and safe trip in Australia. Smiley Very Happy

by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

I've got a few months to think about this and get my head around everything😂

It's not good getting old and trying to understand technology😂

There is four of us going and we have decided whatever it costs we will divide it by the cost so £15 each is not to much for us to be able to receive the texts from the transfer companies. I'm not sure I would get my money's worth by choosing the Max Plan.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

The Max Plan is not for everyone and some will benefit from the extras and some will not @LynbarSmiley Happy

Please bare in mind, receiving text messages from any number (UK or international) are free, regardless if you are roaming or not. So if an Australian number does text you, you will not be charged for these (even if you don't have the Go Further add-on) but it will cost you to reply unless you do have the Go Further add-on. Smiley Happy

by Lynbar Contributor
Contributor

Wow you are so helpful, that's something to think about then because if we hardly use it we might as well just share the charges costs for when we use it. I know I have to call one car rental company to tell them we have arrived and I think that's it. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.