by Brt5586 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Galaxy s8+ blue tint after Oreo update

After oreo update anuone getting more of a blueish tint to their screen compared to nougat. Even tried modifying the colour settings of display. 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Galaxy s8+ blue tint after Oreo update

Hi, 

Try factory resetting your phone.

Thanks.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Established Contributor

After the update - I cleared the cache and factory reset twice to make sure! Still does the same.

Established Contributor

20180321_180353.jpg

20180321_180103.jpg

20180321_180037.jpg

Established Contributor

Don't know if it looks too blue at all. Just in sunlight it looked very blue! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Brt5586  Until the moderators approve your images no one can see them.   

by
EE Employee

Hi @Brt5586 and welcome to the community.

I will send this information over to our devices team to see if they have heard of any similar issues 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Thank you! It's not super blue but has more of an overall blue tint after the update. I did hear even with nougat that Samsung originally had so called "defect" or not so "perfect" LCD screens and basically some had either a slight red tint or a blue tint. So Samsung made an update a while ago so you could tweak the colour settings more via Display settings and change the colour RGB values. Doesn't seem to work with me though. Maybe I'm just picky but overall still a great help!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Have had no issue on my S8+ with Oreo Beta or with the final version I got a couple days ago.

EDIT: But the bloody phone died on me whilst doing a raid battle on pokemon go on a gym that is known for giving out ex raid passes. So I lost my chance to go for MewTwo 😞

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Established Contributor

Hmm you mind checking for me via Google Play download an app called Backlight Bleed Test and just swipe right to get the menu once open and test the white colour and send a picture with a diff device? Or just tell me. Just curious as it's quite hard to spot at times but then sometimes noticeable. Just wondering because if so I'll get into contact with samsung via their Samsung Members app.

EDIT: Ah damn that sucks man!!! Unlucky for some! I really want a MewTwo! So BAD!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Just done the test. All seems good. No tint of any color option you choose.

I live in middle of no where so I don't get chance to get decent pokemon although I do work in a place where there is a huge group of people that organise raids etc on Discord. Went round with them today which is where I lost my chance. Was doing my last raid before having to go get ready for a telephone interview. And it blooming died. I did leave my battary pack at home mind and I was playing on pokemon go from 10am until 3pm non stop catching almost everythig and doing 3 raids. Missed out on Lugia but wasn't fussed as it wasn't the shiny one (shiny lugia raids are 100% catch rate, you won't know its shiny until you beat the raid)

Got my 2nd Tyranatar though.

Still waiting for my first pokemon over the 3000 CP mark

Established Contributor

Looks like you've got a good device LCD screen - ah well It doensn't bother me too much just very frustating for the price haha! Very lucky you! 

Oh really? The max CP Pokemon I got was 3400 which was a Dragonite, after a few upgrades and just in general had like 6 of them! I somehow got lucky walking around Manchester Centre! At least I'm lucky in one thing ahaha! Not bad though how many pokemons you got??

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I only tend to keep 1 of everything with some exceptions like legendaries Ttar, Gyrados and Dragonite.

I only got my first Dragonite like 2 months ago and the CP is rubbish 1800ish.

I am close to my 2nd one though. I was just not seeing any Dratinis or even hatching any.

Only shiny I have is the Red Gyrados. Again CP was rubbish as the Gold Magikarp was only 47CP but I am not finding any damn shinys.

I got 146 in the Kahto Region

90 on Janto Region

93 in the Heonn region.

Highest CP is my first ever Gyrados (a lot of magikarp walking) at 2600ish.

I'm currently walking my Walmier and need another 40 candies for my Wailord.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.