cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Galaxy s10+ Delay Ceramic white.

Kostya336
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Have pre ordered galaxy s10+ on ceramic white 512gb.. On Sunday... 

Have since been chasing for my order with no result? 

I have not had any contact from ee or dpd stating my order is going to be delayed until I personally contacted them. 

Ee still has no information as to when my order is going to be 3ven shipped.. yet some customers have had explained that theirs will be delayed by 21 days from date of pre order. 

Also what is the point of telling your customer that you'll update them later on that day just to never contact them.. is that so we hang up and you don't have to give any awful excuses? 

The website still states 7 day dispatch which is disgrace. 

Will be cancelling the pre order if it's not here and simply buying one in store. 

I don't blame EE for delay... I blame ee for the way it's being handled. 

78 REPLIES 78
Watkins07
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Kostya336

@I understand how frustrating this can be.  I had the same a few years ago with an iPhone.  Unfortunately, despite EE placing large orders for devices, the manufacturers don’t always supply enough in the first batch. 

They can only tell us more information when they have it themselves . If you call 150, somebody may be able to assist you with further info as to when you can expect your phone. 

I hope you get sorted soon and you will have your phone very shortly. 

Kostya336
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In all fairness EE have done a shocking job communicating the whole issue... if not for me ringing up... or reading the community pages I wouldn't of knew about the delay. Further more when I did ring I get told I'd get a call back at certain times and no one rings you back. Or contacts you. I would of accepted a explanation and would of left it at that... EE we're aware of issue a week ago yet made very little effort to care for their customers. 

I understand the fact that they don't know any better however promising customers info and then blatantly pushing then back makes matters worse

There is no stock of the Ceramic White 516GB on Samsug either so there will be a long wait.

Do you have your heart set out on white? There is blsck available on the Samsung site but hen this doesn't mean EE will have any.

The 21 day wait others are getting is just the standard reply you get when asking. This doesnt mean they will wait the full 21 days or it could be longer if Samsung hasn't got the stock by then.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@Kostya336

As soon as EE has any updates regarding stock, they will update customers who are still waiting. I know it’s frustrsting, but other networks are in the same boat. Deliveries come in batches to EE and nobody knows exactly what and how many there are until they are here. They are then allocated to customers ASAP in order of when the pre order was placed.  This happens with all the big phone brands each year, and it’s just a case of the manufacturers under estimating the demand for their products. 

Fingers crossed you get an update and your device soon. X

Kostya336
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Fair enough, however EE website states... In stock? or is that to further mislead people...

The ceramic white is now in stock on Samsung site and the black is now out of stock.

So looks like it's not misleading and you may be getting it soon.

Kostya336
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In all fairness, EE website has always stated in stock. and still does even for the ceramic black.

"may be getting it soon"

dont take this personal however the response is just not good enough from the network as thats all they can tell us.

I'm few of lucky people that still have a spare device to use, however what if i didnt have a handset spare? id be without for an indefinate ammount of time... EE offers what a meere £20 credit for the huge delay?

Call me greedy but i rather pay £20 and have my phone.

Shall not be waiting for 3 weeks, and will be cancelling the pre order if thats the case.

£20 is a lot if you break down your tariff plan price.

EE cant say when because they are in the mercy of Samsung.

This happened every year with the iPhone release the galaxy s release and the galaxy note release.

It's no surprise and you think Samsung or Apple would start mass making more to begin with.

Kostya336
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
This is what it comes down to... You say EE are in mercy of Samsung, however if that was the case why not set handsets to out of stock on website? They don't do that. so they don't loose sales, however that results in unhappy customers.

EE kind of dug them selves a hole. their website states 7 days, however that's very much not the case?

I'm not upset that I'm not getting my phone on release,
I'm angered at the fact that EE have done very little to communicate or deal with the issue.

Website still says in stock and no issue. When that is really not the case. and when you ring 150 depends who you speak to, they simply burry head in sand.