by Stuarty76 Investigator
Investigator

Galaxy fold costs

So after finally finding a link to upgrade to the galaxy fold.. i!m now advised by the site that it's out of my budget. This message popped up... 

Sorry Stuart, we can't let you upgrade to this device. It looks like it's a little out of your budget....Now there's a chance it may be, however i would like to decide that for myself and at least be advised of what the cost is. I!m fully aware it will exceed the cost of my current contract but surely that is the same for everybody moving to this device?

25 REPLIES 25
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Galaxy fold costs

Hi @Stuarty76 

It's not a question of if you think you can afford it, it's if EE want to extend the credit to you. They clearly don't. 

If you want to try again I suggest you call EE on 150 and discuss it with the sales team. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by gannsta Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hmmmmm

Care to share the link? 

Established Contributor

No prices come up for me 

Established Contributor

Have seen, the text Aswell however with pre order not being live yet I wouldn't read too much into it 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Stuarty76 my credit with EE is perfectly fine at the top it said I could add it as a additional line but down the bottom it was outside my budget I would wait until the preorder goes live and check again.

Established Contributor

Does anyone know when the preorder will be live

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The 18th 

Established Contributor

Oh I thought that was the release date 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@gannsta I just briefly read the article again and it says available to purchase from the 18th.

Established Contributor

Oh I thought so, not much time left for a pre order period surely??? 

by spinstorm Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

According to Samsung on twitter the phone will NOT be available online at all.

Only in person in Samsung and EE stores. 

I have heard one tariff is £330 upfront and £130 a month, hopefully this is either the worse tariff or a mistake. As at that price who would ever get this phone?!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@spinstorm   Seeing at the device alone will be something around £1600 for the cheapest version  what do you expect.  Just look at the price at the current top spec Samsung ( note 10 5G ) device as the tariff needs to cover the cost of the device.  It’s not going to be cheap in the slightest.   I’ll say it’ll start around £70 if not more with a big upfront cost.  

Valued Contributor

My plan is an upgrade and I have a F&F discount which will give me 30% off. But I would much prefer being able to order online because of the 14 days cancellation law.

This phone is amazing and cool but we don’t know how robust it actually is and knowing that if I had issues I could cancel and return it would be my preference. But let’s see tomorrow when I believe actual prices will be put out. 

Established Contributor

@spinstorm  I have seen the twitter thread, however I didnt see the quote for contracts and upfront payments.

Established Contributor

@Chris_B  around 70 won't be too bad, as long as there is someway to keep the upfront cost down.

Ee don't want to overprice so that they can't move units.

People will be prepared to pay big money but not so much money 

Valued Contributor

I think that we are all going to be shocked and maybe priced out of the fold. 

Let’s be clear the Fold has an RRP of £1900. That is £401 more than the most expensive iPhone 11 pro max 512GB at £1499. 

The cheapest plan for that iPhone is £75pm and £330 up front. For 1GB data. Which no one is ever going to take. It’s an insult in data allowance. Or £104pm and £10 up front for unlimited data. The middle ground of usable date is probably £89pm/£180uf for 30GB. 

These are 4G only tariffs on the IPhone and the fold is 5G. And more expensive. 

I hate to say it but the best tariff may well be the £130pm/£330up I heard rumoured earlier today. 

We will see but I get the feeling they may be trying to price it out of the market to reduce the risk of a device that has had issues. 

by Stuarty76 Investigator
Investigator

With that up front cost and the 130. Your talking over 3 grand on a 24 month contract. Doesn't seem right. Realistically your talking a standard 70 to cover the cost of the device alone. So i'd anticipate a minimum 25 for plan to be added. With no upfront cost i'd be happy with the £100 tariff for this device.

Valued Contributor

I think your day dreaming... unfortunately. 

The Note 10+ 5G 512GB came in at around £70pm because it is £1149 RRP.  Same as the base iPhone 11 Pro Max - which also has tariffs around that price.

The Fold is £1900 RRP!!!!!

The fact EE haven’t announced pricing just proves my point here - I think they are trying to sneak it under the radar because its so expensive.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.