by Bosshogg Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Galaxy S8 case / screen combos

Interested to see what screen protector / case combos people are rocking on their S8 / +'a. 

I have tried quite a few combinations. 

Ideally I always have a tempered glass solution, but can't find any yet that can cope with the edges properly. 

The liquid applied non tempered ones work well, but can't find a decent case that doesn't lift the edges. 

So, settled on the following - 

Wrap around

Spigen slim

The wrap around protector works really well, tucking under the case. 

It's not prefect but a great idea. 

It has small gaps top and bottom at each extreme corner. 

The clarity is probably a 8 / 10. Some small orange peel effect is visible under certain light. 

Will stick with it until something better comes along. 

Electronic Engineer by day.
Geek by night.
5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Galaxy S8 case / screen combos

Thanks for the great post @Bosshogg

Anyone with this device will find this useful 🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

A friend of mine bought the Spigen for his S8+ and is impressed with it. 

Following this thread with interest as i'm looking for a case for my S8.     I like the look of the official Samsung one with NFC but at 50 notes is it worth it??!! 

EE are out of stock in black at the moment anyway but it does seem to be fixed in price everywhere..  

by Bosshogg Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@terracuk

What are you using atm?  Or are you one of those brave souls that go nekked? 

The Spigen slim is great. 

Makes using the rear fps a lot easier. But it's important to get the right matching screen protector. 

Electronic Engineer by day.
Geek by night.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Running the gauntlet totally starkers at the moment.    Still undecided.    Seen a nice Snakehive leather one on ebay I quite like.   Not sure if I should stump up for the official one as I quite like that.  Might have to go to a shop and have a fondle of it first though.  😄

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I ended up going for the official Samsung S-View cover.  

It is nice, it fits the handset perfectly.  has a lovely smooth feel to it and doesnt make the phone too big IMO.     It has near field communication and displays a few notifications through the plastic cover using an increased brightness.  It does a lot less than I and many online seemed to think it would do though.   It is really expensive at £50 and If I didnt have a discount voucher then I probably wouldnt have bothered with it.  IMO although it is a really nice case it's not worth anywhere near £50. 

I'll try do a review when I can listing pros and cons. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.