Highlighted
by
Investigator

Galaxy S8 Ringtone Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I received my lovely Galaxy S8 yesterday. Very nice too.

However, when you try to change the ringtone it opens a file manager to try to locate the folder.

I have done my research and know the folder is system/media/audio/ringtone. I have checked and they are there. But the file manager that opens only allows access to the internal and external SD card, not system memory.

Help! Thanks 

Attached a video to help:

https://youtu.be/kC3xcmXVkA0

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Maestro
Solution
Accepted by topic author BlueRaa
‎21-04-2017 05:54 PM

Re: Galaxy S8 Ringtone Problem

Hi,

Go into settings - Applications - Three dots - Reset App Preferences. (Then try again)

You shouldn't go into any explorer when click on ringtones.

If this continues then try factory resetting your phone.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekdays and until 8pm on weekends. Calls outside that time (till 10pm weekdays and 8pm on weekends) cost 50p per call. These costs also apply to calls to 07953 966 250.
6 REPLIES
by
Maestro

Hi, 

All you need to do is put the tune onto your SD card and use the file explorer to locate it. 

You should also be able to add your tune from the ringtone selection screen. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekdays and until 8pm on weekends. Calls outside that time (till 10pm weekdays and 8pm on weekends) cost 50p per call. These costs also apply to calls to 07953 966 250.
by
EE Community Support Team

community_champion (1).png

Hi @BlueRaa

Thank you for posting in community Smiley Happy

It's lovely to see the true spirit of community is alive and well and great to see other users like yourself helping out.

This is what the community is all about, sharing information to help everyone else.

As a thank you, I'm going to send you a private message here to get some further details so we can send you out for dinner on us.

Happy Friday

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

I know that's how to get other ringtones or mp3s I have downloaded. But these are the system ringtones. If you watch the video there is no option to change ringtone. Just a file explorer. The system ringtones are there when you look in ES File explorer but the phone can't get to that folder via the ringtone menu despite it being a system folder.

by
Maestro
Solution
Accepted by topic author BlueRaa
‎21-04-2017 05:54 PM

Hi,

Go into settings - Applications - Three dots - Reset App Preferences. (Then try again)

You shouldn't go into any explorer when click on ringtones.

If this continues then try factory resetting your phone.

Thanks,

by
Investigator

That did it. It then gave me the option of using 'Media Storage' which seems to be the inbuilt radio button chooser or ES File Explorer. I wonder if when I migrated ES File Explorer over from my LG G4 the S8 has somehow set it as the default system file manager rather than the radio button type file chooser?

So thank you very much, worked a treat Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got sorted @BlueRaa

Brilliant suggestions @Northerner Smiley Happy

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.