by Marbyk Investigator
Investigator

Galaxy S10+ battery drain

Hi, I am experiencing battery issue on my S10 plus. Battery drains from 100% to 70% within 3 hours even tho I'm not using my phone. My old s8plus stayed on 60% after 8hrs and bigger usage of the phone. I have completely same settings. Anyone knows how to fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Galaxy S10+ battery drain

@Marbyk  it’s perfectly normal as the device/battery is in setting up stage.   How long have you had it ?  

by Marbyk Investigator
Investigator

Since release. At first I thought it's in setting stage but it's been 11 days already and I did switch off GPS, WiFi, and screen wake up when you lift the phone but nothing worked. I did read a lot of great comments about its battery and I think 11 days was enough to set it up

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Is it in your pocket by any chance with the screen facing your leg?

It may be trying to unlock the device with the fingerprint reader by touching your leg.

This is an issue with this device which Samsung say will fix in a future update. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Marbyk Investigator
Investigator

I do. I might try tomorrow facing it the other way and see

by Marbyk Investigator
Investigator

I can confirm that it was issue when the phone tried to unlock while it was facing my leg. Normally I carry 2 phones so I did keep my company phone in front of 10plus and battery last longer but unfortunately not as good as my old s8plus 😕

by Tariqca15
Explorer

Hi I had the same issue on my s10 plus battery would drain by 30 percent within 3 hours so what I did was I am also on 02 i tested the phone out one day on 02 and battery was on 80 percent from 5am to 3pm then the following day i re did the test with ee sim battery from.5 am was at 39 percent by 3pm doing exactly the same on the phone over the 2 days period 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tariqca15   Did you read what was the cause for @Marbyk  as it appears you didn’t.  Nothing todo with the network the device was on.  

by Tariqca15
Explorer

Yes but I have a s10 plus battery was draining even though the display was off 

And its obvious it's the network eating battery over LTE 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.