by MALC_S Investigator
Investigator

Galaxy J5 suddenly changed the date

I am confused as to why my Galaxy J5 should suddenly change the date to 9 September 1922?  Automatic date and time is on. I have got it back to todays date by turning off auto. and reset to the correct date, but just wondered if anyone has come across this issue?  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by MALC_S Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Galaxy J5 suddenly changed the date

Hi

To set the date back to todays date, I turned of. Automatic setting, changed the date from the “old” date to todays and resist the automatic on.

The phone now has the date as it should be, and has remained so since the change. Hopefully the problem has been resolved.

I just wondered why the network should change it to a random past date.

MALC_S
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MALC_S

Have you tried turning auto back on to see if it changes again? 

Auto means it's set by the network.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by MALC_S Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hi

To set the date back to todays date, I turned of. Automatic setting, changed the date from the “old” date to todays and resist the automatic on.

The phone now has the date as it should be, and has remained so since the change. Hopefully the problem has been resolved.

I just wondered why the network should change it to a random past date.

MALC_S
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MALC_S

It's a strange one for sure. Happy to hear it's now back to normal now. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MALC_S

Welcome to the community.

Thank you for coming back to us with your solution, it may help someone else that may have this unusual problem in future. 🙂

As a thank you for sharing your solution, I would love to send you a small gift from the community team.

Spot prize.jpg

Please take a look at your private messages and get back to me there. 

Thanks 🙂

Chris

by MALC_S Investigator
Investigator

Hi.  Thought you might like to know that with regard to my random old date selection issue, I got in touch with the Tech team via the chat line.

Eventually got to the possible source of the problem.  I had the Automatic Date and Time setting to ON.

Apparently this should normally be OFF, unless you are travelling abroad when it should be turned ON. (Turned off again when back in UK).

The tech guy said that this type of error can sometimes occur with auto. on.

Hope this info is useful.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.