by chris390
Explorer

Free apple music registration not working

I'm trying to register for my free apple music, following the correct procedure on my new phone. 

The apple music app appears to verify membership by picking up the phone number stored on the sim card, which is where the problem starts. My first sim card had a number stored on it that's different to my actual phone number, confirmed by going to settings>about device>status>sim card status>my phone number.

I spoke with EE support who said this is normal and they would send me a new sim to resolve the problem. The new sim arrived and the process above now reveals a 'my phone number' of 00000000000. 

Now when trying to register via the apple music app I get:

"00000000000 You don't have an Apple Music membership through EE". This is the same message I was getting with the old sim, albeit with the old phone number stored on it instead of all the zeros.

Can anyone help please?

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Free apple music registration not working

Hello @chris390 customer service should have processed a SIM refresh not a SIM swap. This pushes out SIM updates via text that updates everything including the phone number stored. If you have an Apple device you can change this yourself in settings>phone or if you have an android device that does not see if you have any really old old style phones lying around as most let you change this manually (they can be really handy for thIs)!

If not customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other can process this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
by chris390
Explorer

Thanks Tom, I just got this resolved via live chat armed with your advice!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @chris390 good to hear the correct number is now showing for you. 

Enjoy your music and come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.