by Shaunssr1 Investigator
Investigator

Firmware p20 pro

I have the Huawei P20 pro I've had it for a few months now and from the beginning I always thought there was a little bit something wrong with its firmware to begin with the Bluetooth has never worked I've done everything that was suggested to me for example factory resetting the phone installing any updates but to no avail.  On top of this after a few weeks the fingerprint sensor just stopped working altogether I thought this was strange because it has no moving parts so it cannot be a mechanical error it must be an error with the firmware on the phone.  To add to this suspicion whenever I go into the phone settings and select the touch sensor category the phone crashes.  I thought this might be a common problem so I search my issues online but it appears that it's quite rare.   In all honesty these are not huge problems I don't use Bluetooth and I can unlock my phone without the touch sensor but with the phone being in warranty and me paying for it monthly I would like it to work properly.   So I've been thinking about popping into an EE store and sending my phone off to be looked at,  I'm convinced that there's a problem with the firmware and if it is correct then surely the repairs the phone should be free?  The only other issue that I'm considering is the phone is in perfect condition besides on the back corner of a phone there is a small indentation/split in the glass near the camara, it's difficult to see unless a light is shined in a specific Direction.  The problems with my firmware happened from the beginning before the indentation was made. And besides the extremely minor damage is only cosmetic it would have no effect on the firmware of the phone.  The bottom line is I don't want to go to the effort of wiping my phone, sending it off for someone to tell me that because of the small indentation it can't be fixed.  I read up on my phone's warranty and apparently if I modify the phone it voids its warranty but it doesn't mention general wear and tear,  minor damage,  scratches etc.
Basically here's a photo of the indentation in question,   could you advise me as to whether it would be a problem in getting my firmware looked at for my phone? IMG_20190920_162623.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Firmware p20 pro

Hi @Shaunssr1 

It's clear you have dropped it as you can see the hairline crack in the corner. In addition you can see the wear on the camera bump, so it's clear you don't use a case or look after your phone. 

The issue with the fingerprint sensor is unlikely to be software related and if it was a factory reset would sort that out. It may have failed, but given you have dropped it, it may equally be as a result of the user. 

Your warranty will not repair your phone, if you want it repairing you will need to pay for it to be fixed. Take it into EE and they will send it off for assessment or quote.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Shaunssr1

Welcome to the community.

It's difficult to tell the extent of the damage from pictures.

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus to see if they can run through some troubleshooting with you on your Bluetooth and fingerprint sensor to get them working properly.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Investigator

Investigator

I took my phone out of its case once to clean it,  it happened to fall on the floor and the floor happened to be concrete,  extremely unlucky set of circumstances I admit,  but if I dont look after my phone I doubt I'd go to the effort of posting Online forums to solve solutions to a minor problem would I? Please take the time to read my post properly and you'll discover that the problems were persistent from the start,  asaposed to being caused by the phone falling from the hight of 1 foot. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.