by Robek Investigator
Investigator

Emui 10 for Huawei p30

Does anyone know when ee are going to get around to sending out the emui 10 Update to the huawei p30? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Robek Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Emui 10 for Huawei p30

Update received last night and updated with another security patch shortly after

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
by Kdonna Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My p30 pro updated through the night on Friday and I installed saterday morning.... Its an EE handset 

by Robek Investigator
Investigator

It seems to be the p30 pro update has been sent out, but the p30 is yet to receive it, I had an update on Friday but only to a later version of emui 9

by Robek Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Update received last night and updated with another security patch shortly after

View solution in original post

by Wayne50 Investigator
Investigator

Huawei P30 EMUI 10 Upate - Turn on automatic update via WIFI, may solve the prob

Hi Guys

This may solve the problem with the hold up of the EMUI 10 not pulling down to your phone. I had the same problem as many people here, trying to check for the update, and every time it said my software is up to date, for the last few weeks everyday.

So I went to my software update settings yesterday 27th Feb 2020, and switched on update automatically over WIFI between the times of 2am - 5am, and low and behold, i looked at my phone at 2:10am (As I was backing up my whats app msgs, and was about to do a factory reset to try get the update) to then see the update to EMUI 10 displayed on my phone....I was in shock lol...so maybe try this guys if you haven't already.

Updating now to EMUI 10 on Huawei P30 - 28th Feb 2020 

by Waxy Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei P30 EMUI 10 Upate - Turn on automatic update via WIFI, may solve the

But what security patch do you have ? Is your software number 10.0.0.186

by Waxy Contributor
Contributor

What Month security patch do you have ?

by Gadger007 Contributor
Contributor

I have the p30 pro and have had it since day one, I have had no security patches since October 2019 and still on android 9, getting really pissed off now with EE. 

by Wayne50 Investigator
Investigator

I did have what everyone had, which was stuck at security patch October 2019

Updated to EMUI 10 this morning 28th Feb 2020 - I now have EMUI 10.0.0.178 Android Version 10 and security patch up to 1st Dec 2019

Had 2 updates... 1st was EMUI 10, Then a security patch with fixes for EMUI 10.

My Phone is working fine after EMUI 10 update!

by Waxy Contributor
Contributor

After your second update, is your security patch still on December ? Because there's actually a newer update out. It has the February security patch. O2, Vodafone & 3 have released it already. EE are just a bunch of lazy tossers who are taking their time. Can you check your security patch and let us know what it's on ?

by Wayne50 Investigator
Investigator

I was thinking that, as we coming up to March.....Yes Android security patch is still on 1st December 2019 after EMUI 10 patch update this morning 28th Feb 2020.

No more updates pulling down after those 2 updates!

by Waxy Contributor
Contributor

And there you have it 🙂 EE are lazy scums. Every other network has pushed out the latest security patch, but EE haven't. I'll tell you something else, Huawei send this emui10 10 update to O2 , Vodafone, 3 & EE last year October. O2, Vodafone and 3 released it by November. EE have JUST released it 3 months after the other 3 networks. Furthermore, the other 3 networks had released the February security patch 3 weeks ago too. EE are just useless, they don't care that we spend crap load of money on phones because in the end that's all they want, MONEY! EE need to sort themselves out, idiotic Mugs

by Wayne50 Investigator
Investigator

Yeah I know bro, its amazing how they are way behind everyone else, and being one of the biggest networks, its crazy!!...i'll see what happens after 2am tomorrow morning again!

Come on EE, keep us up to date with our phone updates pls!

by Gadger007 Contributor
Contributor

I can tell you now, we have 3 phone contracts with EE that run out this year, none of them will be getting renewed. 

by Waxy Contributor
Contributor

Keep us updated on here bro 🙂

by Waxy Contributor
Contributor

My contract has already run out, lesson learnt for me. I'll be going to three next 😎

by Wayne50 Investigator
Investigator

Wow ok, and have any of them been updated?....Yeah I hear that bro, cant blame you!

by Wayne50 Investigator
Investigator

Will do Bro! 👍

What makes it worst is, EE is owned by BT,  & BT have been around since I was a kid, i'm 50 now.....disgraceful, the biggest in the UK, and cant keep up or ahead!

by Gadger007 Contributor
Contributor

so last night at work i ordered a giffgaff sim card, the sim card arrived today, put it in my phone and....whoosh...my phone has straight away upgraded to android 10...

shame on you EE for just being so CRAP.

by Waxy Contributor
Contributor

And there we have it 🙂 GIFFGAFF is running on O2 so that's why you've got it 😎 can you check your security patch ? Let us know what month security you have ? Cheers 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.